Chapter 58 - Bella's Birthday Disaster | Part 3

"I'm sorry." we say at the same time.

Alice and I stare at each other. 

The little fairy suddenly hugged me, catching me off guard. I slowly relax in her embrace and hug her back. When she pulled away, she was smiling at me. 

Before she could say anything, I beat her to the punch.

"I got upset over nothing. I know you were only trying to include me and be welcoming. So I'm that I was being unreasonable." I apologized. "You were right, I was being a grinch."

"I'm sorry, too, for being inconsiderate of your feelings." Alice said. "I didn't mean to come across as controlling. I know I can be a bit pushy when it comes to things. My intentions were never to cross any boundaries."

I nodded my head and accepted her apology, knowing that there was no arguing with her.

"Cool?" she offered her hand.

I shook it. 

"Cool." I replied.

"Wonderful." Esme says with a bright smile. "Now that we've settled things, we must get everything ready for this party. I hate to rush, but we only have about an hour before Bella and Edward arrive."

"Let's go get ready, then?" Alice chirped, linking hour arms. "I can't wait to do your hair. It's so long and wavy and thick. What type of product do you use?"

I chuckled. 

"Nothing. Just a few tips I picked up abroad." I replied.

"Alright, so which are we doing hair and make-up first or getting into dresses?" Esme asked excitedly.

"Since Liz has so much hair, we should do that first before getting dressed." Alice said, grinning at me. "And I know the perfect hairstyle for you."

Before she could drag me away, Rosalie stepped in front of us. She held her hand out, revealing a tube of toothpaste and a toothbrush. 

I raised an eyebrow at her while Alice looked amused and glanced between her and I.

"You need to brush your teeth before you do anything." she said bluntly. "Your breath stinks."

My face went hot at her words and I look back down at the toothpaste and brush in her hand. I snatched them away from her and storm to the nearest bathroom. 

Why did she have to go in embarrass me like that?! Could she have waited until we were alone to tell me that?! What an awful woman?!

Once I find the nearest bathroom, I close the door behind and stare at my flushed face in the mirror. I frowned and brought my hand up to my mouth to smell my breath. When I did, I cringed. 

Too many onions.

I sighed as I opened the plastic wrapping of the toothbrush and turned on the cold water. After applying the toothpaste, I place the brush under the water before scrubbing. When I was finished, I search the bathroom for floss and mouthwash. 

Might as well go the whole way while I'm at it. 

I left the bathroom with a tube a toothpaste in my hand. I threw whatever I used in the trashcan. I went to Alice's room where all the girls were gathered.

"Much better." Rosalie said as I placed the toothpaste in her hand.

I glared at her before plopping down in front of Alice's large vanity desk. Looking around, this girl was undoubtedly a fashionista.

"No makeup." I said outright as Alice appeared behind me.

Alice pouted, but nodded her head. 

She began to run her fingers through my hair and I shiver at her cold touch.