Chapter 59 - Bella's Birthday Disaster | Part 4

"They're here, everyone!" Alice said excitedly.

I couldn't hear anything so I took their word for it. 

We stood downstairs for a while and waited. 

Minutes later, Alice skipped up the stairs excitedly and greeted the two people that had kept us waiting for almost 20 minutes now.

At Alice's nagging, the girl of the hour finally made her grand entry. 

She was wearing the green satin evening dress that Alice got for her with a black cardigan and a pair of bobs. Her chocolate brown locks were let down and held out of her face by a black headband. 

I had to give Alice her props for the choice of clothing. The dress suited Bella perfectly.

With Alice taking the lead, Bella was escorted down the stairs with Edward not to far behind them.

"Sorry about all of this." Carlisle said as he went to hug her. "I tried to reign Alice in."

"If that were even possible." Esme joked as she went in for a hug next. "Happy birthday, Bella."

"Thanks." Bella smiled as they pulled away.

Alice was giddily snapping pictures and I watched with amusement. 

Was she always this bubbly?

At the sound of the camera, she turned to look at Alice who gave her a sheepish look.

"I found it in your bag." she said.

By this time, we were all standing near the stairway while Bella was at the center of the room. When her eyes landed on me, she looked surprised.

"I-Iris?" she stammered.

"The one and only." I replied stepping forward.

Everyone's eyes were on us. 

She continued to stare at me stunned and I gave her a small grin. 

Seeing she wasn't going to say anything, I moved in for a hug. I didn't really know what we were to each other, but I'll never forget how she helped me when I first arrived. 

She finally came back to her senses before pulling away.

"Happy Birthday, Bella." I congratulated with a small smile.

"Thanks." she said dumbly. "You look....different."

"I hope that's a good thing." I joked.

"It is!" she blurted out awkwardly.

I gave her an amused smile. 

"You don't look too bad yourself, Bella." I replied.

She blushed and looked down at feet.

I chuckled and walked away from her, back to Em's and Rose's side. 

Rosalie wrapped an arm around me, pulling me close to her. 

I looked at her and she looks else where with a scowl on her face. I wanted to pinch her cheek and tell her to lighten up.

"Dating an older woman. Hot." Emmett said to Edward.

Edward gave him a look.

"What?" Emmett said.

Edward just shook his head and turned to Alice who already hand a small box in her hand. 

I guess we were gifting presents.

"You first, Rosalie." Alice handed the small box to her, much to her annoyance.