Chapter 125

——————————

Alice's POV

——————————

I stand in front of Roberts residence.

Iris had gone with the family to Tacoma this weekend, leaving it unoccupied.

I look down at the t-shirt that had been stained with blood.

Imagine my surprise when she text me a few days ago.

She wanted to lure her friend out of Seattle.

It was a dangerous plan, especially when she was basically drawing a newborn into Forks.

I didn't agree at first.

It was too dangerous.

Had she even considered the danger she was putting her friends and Paris' family in? What if the vampire went on a killing spree in town?

It was too much of a risk.

So how did I end up here now, standing in front of their house with a bloody shirt in the middle of the night?

Emmett and Rosalie.

I know Iris didn't get their help because they wouldn't agree no matter what she said. And Carlisle and Esme weren't a choice for obvious reasons.

Edward was keeping an eye on Bella so Jasper and I would be her only option.

I agreed to this plan because I was afraid she would go off and act on her own, which wouldn't be good for anyone. The fact that I couldn't see her future made me more uneasy.

At least, with me being involved, I can see the future somewhat. I can keep an eye on Paris.

I tense as I'm pulled into a vision.

Red eyes. Dark hair.

I can see her.

She's coming.

I look at the woods, peering into Jaspers future.

He's on his way. She's following him.

My brows furrow as I look around before moving to the back of the house.

I don't know whether to be surprised or expecting of the fact that it worked.

Newborns cannot withstand the temptation of blood. Hell, even veteran vampires struggle with their thirst from time to time.

However, I didn't think it would be enough draw a vampire across the state.

Impossible? No, but not likely.

Not when there was more to hunt nearby.

There is something else that could have that effect on a vampire.

Something that makes me paler.