82

When Aubrey gets home she sees a taxi has pulled up outside her cabin. She ignores it and walks in with all the shopping. She takes the shopping bags into the kitchen and starts unloading them.

That's until she heard a bang upstairs, she goes to the draws by the front door and pulls out a gun. She stand at the bottom of the stairs.

Aubrey: SHOW YOURSELF!

Aubrey holds up the gun like she's ready to shoot. But once she sees the figure she drops the gun on the floor, walks backwards towards the door until she saw another two familiar faces.

Aubrey: Dad?

Ross smiles.

Ross: Hey pumpkin.

Aubrey sighs and goes into the kitchen unpacking the food.

Ross, Rydel and Rocky all walk downstairs and sit in the kitchen.

Aubrey: What are you doing here?

Rydel: We came to see you.

Aubrey slightly smiles.

Aubrey: But I specifically said to stay at home.

Rocky: Your father wouldn't listen, he was so worried about you. We all were. We wanted to come and see if you were ok.

Aubrey: How did you find me? I didn't leave any clues!

Ross sighs.

Ross: When you were on the phone to us, I told Ryland to track the number and it said you were in Colorado, we couldn't think what would be here that would make you want to stay. Especially since you've never been before. But then Bella and everyone came and she said check the chest. I went over to the chest to see that the address for here had gone, that's when I realised you'd come to the cabin because all I do is ask if we can come here every christmas.

Aubrey sighs.

Aubrey: So how long are you guys staying?

Rocky: Until you go home.

Aubrey chuckles.

Aubrey: You guys think I'm going home?

They nod causing Aubrey to laugh.

Aubrey: Guys, I'm staying. I can't go back, not with Ryder in Juvy, mum in hospital and the fact that she kicked me out! I decided to stay here until everything dies down at home. And when I come back and if mum says to leave, I'll come back here.

Rocky: You're not old enough to stay here alone Aubrey.

Aubrey shrugs.

Aubrey: I don't care, all I know is that I'm not going home for a while.

Ross stands up and goes to hug her but Aubrey moves away.

Ross: What?

Aubrey: I caused you and mum to get a divorce, you must hate me. You loved mum, and I ruined it, just like I ruin everything.

Ross: Who says you ruin everything?

Aubrey: Nobody, but it's quite obvious it's all I do, just fuck everything up.

Ross hugs Aubrey.

Ross: Baby girl, don't think like that, if anything you improve everything. You always make everyone wear a smile once they see you. Ok?

Aubrey smiles.

Aubrey: Ok. Thanks dad.

Ross kisses her head.