174

Aubrey pulls away and slaps Riker across the face and runs out of her room and out of the house. Riker then turns to face Ross and Laura.

Riker: What was that for? Why couldn't you just leave us alone?

Ross was about to answer but Riker held his hand up and walked out of the room.

Laura: Riker! Where are you going?!

She called out to him. Riker stopped and turned to face them.

Riker: To find your daughter, is that ok?

Ross and Laura remain silent and Riker walks out. Laura and Ross exchange looks and Ross runs downstairs, grabs his coat and yellow converse then runs out to his car.

Ross: I need to find Aubrey before he does!

And with that Ross sped down the streets of Colorado.

--Ryder--

Laura walks down the stairs calmly.

Ryder: Mum?

Laura then looks at Ryder panicked.

Laura: Yes baby?

Ryder: Why did Aubrey run out with Uncle Riker and Dad following her?

Laura: Aubrey just got stressed and went out for a walk to let off the steam.

Ryder nods and goes back to watching sponge bob. Laura sighs and picks up the phone and calls Ross.

Ross: Hey baby.

Laura sighs.

Laura: You found her?

Ross: I've only just started looking! I can't find her that quickly!

Laura: She was walking! And you're DRIVING!

Ross: Whoa, babe, calm the fuck down.

Laura: No! I will not calm down!

Ross: Why not? I'll find her it's fine!

Laura: What happens if your idiotic brother finds her first!

Ross: Before he does anything to her...I'll kill him.

Laura: I think that might be a little too far Ross.

Ross groans.

Ross: Well what do you want me to do Laur?! You're not giving me that many options to choose from!

Laura: I know that! But this is our daughter! Do what you can for her!

Ross: What do you think I'm doing right now?!

Laura sighs and hangs up.

Laura: Where could she be? Where could she be?

Laura kept repeating the same question to herself for another minute or two.

Ryder: Mum?

Laura screams then realised it was Ryder. Laura places a hand on her heart and takes deep breaths.

Laura: Ryder, hunny, don't do that to mummy.

Ryder looks down.

Ryder: Sorry mummy.

Laura: It's ok sweetie, now, what did you need me for?

Ryder looks Laura in the eyes.

Ryder: I think I know where Aubrey went.

Laura's eyes widened.

Laura: Where?

Ryder: To a friends house...or the treehouse. I'm not sure which one.

Laura hugs Ryder tightly.

Laura: Oh boy, do I hope you're right.

Ryder laughs.

Ryder: When am I not?

Laura pulls away from the hug and playfully glares at Ryder, Ryder gets scared and screams then runs off. Laura laughs then realises he went outside so she went running after him.

Laura: RYDER! COME BACK! I DIDNT MEAN TO SCARE YOU!

Laura pulls out her phone and calls Ross.

Ross: He-

Laura: RYDERS GONE!

Ross: WHAT?!

Laura: I accidentally scared him a little too much and then he ran out the door and I don't know where he could be!

Ross: Um, go look at all his friends houses!

Laura: Ok, bye!

Laura hung up without saying bye to Ross and started running for Ryder's friends houses.

--With Aubrey--

Aubrey ran and ran until she came across a house she was familiar with. She took a deep breath and walked up to the door slightly touching her finger on the doorbell, once she got the courage she firmly pressed her finger down onto the doorbell.

After a moment she heard keys jingling and then heard a click meaning the door was now unlocked, then she saw the figure and she cried. The figure hugged her and softly whispered in her ear 'it'll be ok, I promise you, it'll all all get better in time.'

Aubrey: I'm sorry I turned up so suddenly, especially without a call or sign of letting you know I'd be coming.

??: Hey hey hey, it's fine. I was starting to get lonely anyways, and I missed you considering I haven't seen you in so long.

There's then a slight pause.

The figure holds out their arms.

??: I need another hug.

Aubrey and the figure smile and hug each other like they'll never see each other again.

??: I've missed you so much A.

Aubrey: I've missed you so much more Oscar.

Oscar smiles smugly.

Oscar: Not possible. Come in, come in, please, I want to catch up with you.

Aubrey sighs.

Aubrey: I don't think you do.

Oscar gives her a stern look.

Oscar: Now I really do! Something's happened! Gimme the gossip!

Oscar grabs Aubrey's hand and leads her to the sofa and he jumps up and down acting like a 12 year old girl.

Aubrey: Are you ok?

Oscar: Yes! I just had a lot of coffee today, hey do you want some?

Aubrey shrugs.

Oscar: Come on, I know you want some!

Aubrey looks up at the ceiling and smiles.

Aubrey: Ok ok, you got me, can I have some coffee please.

Oscar: Duh! Now wait here, please, make yourself at home. You know where everything is.

Aubrey: Thank you.

Oscar then walks into the kitchen and starts making two mugs of coffee whilst Aubrey stares at the ceiling thinking.

--With Ryder--

Ryder was running as fast as he could until he reached a fairly familiar house that he's used to visiting. Ryder starts banging his fists onto the wooden door.

Ryder: Hello?!

After a slight pause you could hear the locks on the inside of the door being unlocked, then Ryder saw a woman that sighed happily.

??: Oh Ryder hunny, please come in.

Ryder smiles.

Ryder: Thank you grandma Stormie.

Stormie smiles.

Stormie: It's no problem Ryder, you know that.

With that Ryder walked into the house.