Budding Friendships (A)

We were able to convince Charlie and my mom to go to his house for dinner. Which was good because the windows still needed fixed, the pack covered it up last night, but it needed replaced.

So, Charlie, my mom, Eve, Mark, and I showed up at the Blacks during dinnertime with several large pizza's.

Which was a positive since Jacob at one on his own. He seemed really sorry for what happened when he looked at my mom but all he said was that we'd catch her.

But it didn't stop the glares he threw me when Bella sat next to me, and he surely wasn't over earlier today.

I stayed by my mom's side the whole night, joking with Eve and Bella occasionally. I could see Charlie eyeing each of us suspiciously, clearing he was unsure what to believe. Bella had brushed off the 'cult' thing with misinformation.

When it was time to leave, I walked out with Bella and Jacob, watching as my mom went with Charlie. She would be staying with him for the next few nights since she needed someone to watch over her. And I knew she felt safe with him.

Eve left earlier, staying with Mark, she was hesitant, but we were able to convince her. She didn't know everything, but she knew the importance of it. The fact that Mark was also ex-military made everyone feel safer, even if he couldn't do anything.

I was going to be staying with the Blacks... that was the story at least.

I watched Bella and Jacob talk for a little before he went to help Billy. I looked out at Charlie pretending to struggle with his seat belt and my mom laughing.

Then I turned to Bella. "don't worry about tonight"

"I won't worry about myself" she admitted. I looked at her.

"there is nothing to worry about. We've got it covered. We dealt with the other one we can handle this one."

Charlie honked his horn impatiently. My mom was shaking her head looking at him like he hung the moon, and I couldn't help but feel elated that my mom had love. I hoped to find that one day.

"come find me tomorrow, Bella. I'll answer more of your questions if you want."

I met Jacob back in the Black house. I gave Billy a nod and the two of us took off heading into the search and guard duty.

The next day we continued searching for the leech. Charlie kept hunting for the wolves and my mom stayed with Emily for most of the day keeping her company and Bella. During the first day of spring break, when Bella was at La Push I was on break with patrol and joined Bella on the beach.

"so, this is different" she said awkwardly. I chuckled.

"different as the two of us or one human one wolf"

"both... not in a bad way. I just feel like I never really got to hang out with you before"

I nodded "yeah, we were pretty separated. But I still stand by one of my first comments. We'll be seeing each other a lot. My mom's in love with Charlie and I won't let anything ruin that. The fact that I am what I am strained that relationship enough. Same with Eve, if they weren't worried, I would turn into a giant wolf they probably would have married or at least moved in with their significant others"

Balla nodded "I don't want us to be friends just because of that"

I smiled, a real smile "I'm glad we're on the same page"

"so, you promised to tell me more... about being a werewolf"

I scrunched up my nose "don't call us that"