Don't punch wolves (B)

I was really wishing I listened to Alex, I wanted 'my' Jacob back, the one from before he phased. But I was starting to think that wasn't an option.

And I was starting to see why Edward didn't want me around him. Edward drove around the house to the garage

Emmett, Lucia, and Rosalie were there, Rosalie's perfect legs, recognizable even sheathed in jeans, were sticking out from under the bottom of Emmett's huge Jeep.

Emmett was sitting beside her, one hand reached under the Jeep toward her. It took me a moment to realize that he was acting as the jack. Lucia was merely watching on, playing with a few tools.

Emmett watched curiously as Edward helped me carefully out of the car. His eyes zeroed in on the hand I cradled against my chest.

Emmett grinned. "Fall down again, Bella?"

I glared at him fiercely. "No, Emmett. I punched a werewolf in the face."

Emmett blinked, "which one? Cause I kinda like one of them"

"Jacob" I replied, Emmett paused and then burst into a roar of laughter, one that Lucia mimicked. As Edward led me past them, Rosalie spoke from under the car.

"Jasper's going to win the bet," she said smugly. Lucia's laughter stopped at once, and she studied me with appraising eyes.

"no, I still stand by my word" she said a small smirk tugging at her lips.

"Let's get you to Carlisle," Edward urged. He was staring at Lucia. His head shook infinitesimally.

"What bet?" I insisted as I turned on him.

"Thanks, Rosalie," he muttered as he tightened his arm around my waist and pulled me toward the house.

"Edward...," I grumbled.

"It's infantile," he shrugged. "Emmett, Lucia and Jasper like to gamble."