Rings and Pixie Visitors (A)

"we won't go to Seattle. But we do need to go to Port Angeles to get you something to wear for graduation, you don't have anything that will fit." my mom added.

I nodded. "yeah, I need to grab something while there" I mumbled as I took a bite out of my breakfast.

"and pray tell what it is that you need?" Eve asked glancing over her cup. I debated on whether I should tell them. I guess I was more worried about what they would think. I remember when Rosalie met my mom for the first time.

Officially.

"it's a pleasure to meet you Dr. Uley" Rosalie said softly as she joined us for dinner one night. It was the easiest way to do things, though I didn't want Rosalie to be forced to eat something.

She told me that it wasn't that bad, the venom could disintegrate anything she ate but it just tasted awful. I convinced my mom to do sushi since it was going to be the closest we could get to her diet.

"you too Rosalie." my held a handout to shake and Rosalie obliged. If my mom noticed something she didn't say anything.

"we're glad you could make it; Alex talks about you non-stop" Eve joked. Rose laughed but I glared at Eve from behind her back.

"she's exaggerating" I added. Eve smirks before moving to the table where dinner is laid out. Rosalie sits next to me as my mom takes her place at the head of the table and Eve is across from us.

I'm thankful that my mom and Eve are very open and happy; and Rosalie is more than willing to play the part. Somehow dinner takes a few hours, most of which after everyone has finished eating.

I wasn't sure how, but the subject turned to funny childhood stories. Or rather embarrassing stories and pictures of me as a child. I sat next to Rose on the couch, and I couldn't be embarrassed if she was so happy with it.

Until my mom pulled out some drawings I did as a kid. "You know Alex wasn't always a good artist." She held up a picture that I drew with more than one phallic looking items.

"No!" I groaned placing my head in my hands "I was like four"

"yes, you were but it doesn't take away the fact that, that doesn't look like a pair of scissors"

"or a whistle, Al." I blushed at the picture.

"how many of these do you have?" I asked as Rose chuckled.

My mom looked through the book "only these ones, and only because your preschool teacher kept them. She had a good laugh from it"

We finished the night on a happy note, not even the pictures of my dad could turn the atmosphere. Instead of somber emotions we were happy. My mom loved Rose already.

"i- well I need to..." I was silenced by a knock on the door. The citrusy scent told me exactly who it was.

"hold that thought" Eve replied as she went to the door. I heard the light chatter and Eve inviting Alice in. She was over-excited and prattling on about I don't know what.

"Good morning, Alice" my mom replied as she rinsed out her cup.

"Good morning, Val. I was just telling Eve about the graduation party"

"a graduation party?"

"yep, I've been thinking about it for a while now, but it's only recently been finalized, and I was wondering if Alex would help me set it up. Since, unlike my brother, she has a creative mind."

I chuckled. "Sure, Alice I don't mind helping"

"thanks, also I am making a trip to Port Angeles for a dress and wanted to know if you wanted to come"

"that's great, actually" my mom said suddenly.

I furrowed my brows "okay, weird... if you wanted me out of the house for some personal time all you had to do was ask" I chuckled.

"not like that. It just means we can work on your graduation gift." I raised my eyebrow looking at Eve who had a smirk on her face.

I turned towards Alice "when did you want to do this?"

"Now"

"um, okay let me get changed." I went upstairs to change into more appropriate clothing, all while listening to Alice make small talk with my mom and aunt. When I got back downstairs Eve had already left and my mom was getting ready to leave.

"you know now that you're getting a dress for graduation we can just get dinner instead" she gave me a hug then left me with Alice.

I narrowed my eyes at the pixie "okay spill, what's got you so excitable"

"I saw something... Something that Rose was going to get, and I figured it out. I want to help you"

"help me do what?" I asked confused.

"a ring, of course"

My eyes widened "I thought you couldn't see what I do or say?"

She shook her head a smile still on her face "I can't, but I can see what Rose does and I have foreseen the ring she bought and then I questioned her about it, in private, of course some of the others heard. But I am here to help"

"Doesn't that defeat the purpose of me picking it if you are doing it?"

"no, but do you know her ring size?" My eyes widened because no I didn't know her ring size. "see, I won't change your mind about what ring, but it would be nice if they matched just a little"

I sighed; Alice was right. "okay"

She clapped happily then led me to her car. Alice drove like a mad man, it wasn't long before we pulled up into Port Angeles, right outside a jewelry store. "I'm guessing this was the whole reason you brought me here, not to go dress shopping?"

"I already got you a dress for graduation. Well Rose helped pick it out because you wouldn't wear what I had in mind"

"should I be worried about the dress?"

Alice shook her head opening the door to the store "no, it's beautiful and formal"

Thirty minutes, that's how long it took me to find the perfect ring. Like everything else, I couldn't tell why it was perfect only that it was. I was given further confirmation when Alice agreed with me. 

"it'sperfect" she said looking down at the ring. "and it is similar to what she gotyou. So, they'll match"

"Do you think she'll like it?"

Alice looked at me with a gentle smile "she'll love it. it's beautiful and it's from you. She wears the necklace you gave her everyday"

I preened under that.