Leeches (A)

We sat in the house with Billy, waiting to see how Jacob would handle the rest of the conversation. Sam made a sound gesturing it was time for Jacob to finish.

It was painful to listen to Bella, god. She sounded like, I don't know how to explain it, she knew she was using Jake, she didn't feel the same way. But instead of letting Jake go like she should have, she latched on harder. She may not have intended to led him on in the beginning, but she was now. It was all she could do to hang on to something.

The moment Jake entered the home he holed up in his room, not speaking to anyone. We left him for some time, if we tried to talk to him then it would only cause him to phase and with Bella still standing outside there was nothing to be done.

I shook my head when Billy had to go out and send her away. Once she was out of hearing range, Sam went to talk to Jake, who ran off phasing like I thought he would.

"he's taking this hard" Embry said suddenly gaining the attention of all of us. I shook my head and said the truth, the one thing we (the pack) was thinking.

"no, he's taking it exactly how we should have expected. Bella is leading him on, she may not have intended to do so, but Jake thinks he's in love and wont except no for an answer. And Bella isn't giving him the right signals that says just friends. She told him that maybe she will eventually feel the same. She gave him hope, again. And she'll keep doing it because she needs someone. Jake kept her distracted, kept her busy and he would do anything she said. That's all it is, he was naïve enough and 'loved her' enough to let her do those crazy dangerous things that she knew others wouldn't."

The others looked at me, some with shock, some questioningly. "Jake's not exactly quite about how he feels about Bella, nor is he secretive about their interactions before. We've all seen it. Bella's leading him on because it's all she can do to keep him around. I guess her other friends aren't really her friends." I finished bitterly thinking about the months I tried to get Bella out of her funk. All those months I tried to make friends with her only for her to ditch me the moment a boy with supernatural abilities came along.

It wasn't long before the phone rang. Billy answered it to find Charlie on the other side. Bella had convinced him the Sam was some sort of Cult leader and the rest of us were terrible people.

I rolled my eyes as Charlie kept accusing us of brainwashing Jake. Of course, Billy had to admit that Bella was leading Jacob on, and Charlie defended Bella saying she made it clear that they were just friends. If only she knew we could see everything, all those looks, the times she let Jake hold her hand or the way she praised him.

She never specificized they were just friends. Maybe she didn't think she needed to, that it was obvious. But Jacob saw it that way, so, so did we.

I didn't hear the end of the phone call because I was heading home, I promised my mom I would be there for dinner. Once I was out of sight of the road I phased and ran the path to home, avoiding traps, hunters, or campers the whole way.

It was late and raining so I wasn't expecting anyone to actually be out.

The closer I got to home the more my skin prickled. Something was wrong and I pushed myself faster. No one was in their wolf form yet so I couldn't tell them. I was close enough to my home to smell dinner, and my mom.

But there was another smell, it was sickly sweet smell and sage. It was like the other vampire different slightly but sweet all the same. I stepped into the clearing to see something from my worst nightmares.

A vampire, a red head, she looked wild- chaotic with a feline like posture. She had a hold of my mother's shoulder much like James had a hold of me. I let out a feral growl, the monster turned towards me her eyes wide and searching frantically.