Twenty-three

"What did you do?"

My voice was quiet as I stared up at Carter. He looked terrified, stepping back with his eyes focused on me.

"Carter, what the fuck did you do?!" I yelled, and he let himself slump down on the sofa, rubbing a hand over his face.

I kept staring at him and while I probably should be focusing on nothing but him and what he did to our older brother, I couldn't stop thinking about all of the new found memories in my brain.

I shut my eyes and I pressed my hands to my head, trying to shut out the panic that was rising.

-

"I didn't kidnap you."

"No?" I asked. "Then what would you call taking someone and leading them away without their consent?"

I went to stand up, but Theodore kept his grip on me and I whimpered at how badly it hurt the further he dug his nails into my thigh.

"You only want to go back because of Weasley." He said before he took my hand and then he froze. "What's this?"

He had noticed the ring on my finger.

"Don't tell me you're married to him."

I tried to rip my hand away from him but he only gripped it tighter, staring at the ring.

Then he pulled it off.

"No!" I screamed and tried to take it back but he moved away and stood up. "Don't take it!"

Theodore looked down at me as my eyes were full of tears.

"Please don't." I cried. "You can't take it."

"No?" He asked. "I wouldn't be so sure about that."

I shook my head, continuing to cry while begging him to not get rid of it and as he walked over to the fireplace, my ring in his hand, my sobbing got louder.

"The flames won't be hot enough to melt." He told me. "If I throw it in the flames, it would most likely just go through and lay there until the fire dies down, but if I lay the ring on the burning coal, it'll melt and you'll never get to see the ring again."

"Please don't." I cried, but he crouched down and a second later, he had thrown the ring into the coal.

-

"He hurt me." I whispered, wrapping my arms around my knees, chewing on my bottom lip.

Carter looked at me.

"What?"

"He took me to his family's cabin." I shut my eyes. "He got me pregnant."

I couldn't read Carter's expression, but he kept staring at me, his face pale and motionless.

"He— you don't know that."

"I remember it, Carter." I said. "For a minute, I thought you were gonna hit me and then I remembered him standing over me in the same way."

Carter moved closer to me.

"You remember it all?"

I looked up at him, scared of what he was going to do. Then I held out my hand. "Give me your wand."

"Kai, c'mon—"

"I swear to god, Carter. Give me your fucking wand."

He sighed and hesitated, but then slowly pulled the wand from his belt and handed it over.