Seventy-seven

When I woke up, my head was throbbing.

I was laying in a bed, in a strange room, and my right leg was chained to the bed.

I could hear people talking. I could hear Kwan talking.

He was angry.

Angry at Theodore. The two were yelling at each other and I could hear it, even though they were in a different room.

"Where am I?" I whispered and then I heard fast footsteps, before Felix was over me, pulling my eyelids back before shining a light in my eyes.

"We're in Ireland." He told me quietly. "We had to move you."

"Move me..." I muttered as he put away the flashlight, and then sat on the edge of the bed.

"Shit..." he sighed. "Lee would kill me if he knew I was helping them."

I snorted.

"I would kill you too if I wasn't fucking tired." I muttered, shutting my eyes.

I could feel Felix' gaze on me.

"I didn't want to do this." He said quietly. "But they're my brothers and—"

"Oh sure. They're you're brothers. That excuses you helping them kidnap me." I said and shrugged. "Get out."

"I can't. You're not to be left alone right now."

"Get out!" I screamed at him, staring at him with so much anger. He didn't flinch, and he didn't move, and then I broke into tears.

Fred was right there.

He was right there, but it failed. I failed getting out of there. I failed and now I'm here, in a new place while Fred is probably out of his mind at the moment.

I screamed from the top of my lungs, getting all of the pain and the grief out. I screamed and I cried so hard that multiple people stepped into the room.

Orders were made and someone walked to my side before a needle was pushed into my neck.

"No!" I screamed, thrashing, trying to get away, but I was held down by both Theodore and Gideon while Kwan pushed more of the sedative into my bloodstream.

This time, I let it happen quicker. I realized it was stupid to use all of my strength on fighting something than would happen no matter what.

So I shut my eyes and I let the sleep welcome me.

-

Fred

"C'mon, Freddie."

George placed a hand on my shoulder but I shook it off, burying my face in my hands.

"You need to eat something."

I shook my head.

"She was right there." I whispered, running a hand over my mouth, the tears blurring my j ok
vision. "She was there and I couldn't get to her. George she was right there."

"I know." George's voice cracked, and when I looked at him, I noticed the way his throat rolled as he swallowed harshly.

"I need to get her back." I whispered, looking away again. "I need her to be here. I need it all to be a stupid fucking nightmare."

"Maybe it is." George shrugged. "Maybe it is all a fucking nightmare. Maybe we're dreaming, and we'll wake up and she'll be in your bedroom, and she'll come out here and she'll greet me and Angie and she'll say hi to baby Arthur and everything will be fucking awesome!"

He ran a hand down the length of his face before running it to the back of his neck, squeezing.

"She was right there." I whispered to myself, clawing at my scalp before I pushed myself out of the chair, not giving a fuck that it tipped back and scraped against the floor. "She was right fucking there, and he was hurting her and I couldn't get to her! I couldn't get to her... I couldn't."

"Fred—"

"Oh god." I cried out, moving my hands to the back of my head, the flashes going through my mind. "She was bleeding and he wouldn't stop punching her... he—"

I shut my eyes, before digging the heel of my palms into my eyes.

"Fred, she will be okay." George said and I felt his hand touch my arm before he hugged me.

That's when I broke.

I hugged my brother back, and I let it all out, crying over the pain of seeing Kai like that. From seeing her cry out. From seeing the blood on her face, his hands covered in her blood.

The way she kept looking at me, pleading me with her eyes.

She was silently begging me to save her, and I couldn't. My magic didn't work on the lot and I couldn't smash the windows. I couldn't knock down the door.

I couldn't do anything.

"She's going to be okay." George cried as well. We hadn't hugged this tightly in what felt like years.

"I can't take it. I can't take it, not knowing what they're doing to her." I whispered, pushing myself away from my brother.

I raked a hand through my hair, frustrated.

"Why the bloody hell can't they find her? Charlie and I found her so easily!" I exclaimed. "The Aurors don't give a fuck about it. They are probably not even looking for her!"

"Which is why we'll just have to keep looking." Angie's voice filled the atmosphere, and we both turned to look at her.

She was sitting on the kitchen counter, wearing a pair of sweatpants and a jumper that she had worn for days.

She was staring at Arthur who was playing in the playpen Kai and I had for whenever they came over with their son.

Angie was on the kitchen counter, sitting there, gripping the edges so tight she looked like break her knuckles.

"Where would they take her? That was Gideon's house, but after you showed up, they must've moved her." Angie said, still staring at her son. "So where the fuck is she? Where would they take her?"

I shut my eyes, shaking my head.

"It was supposed to be a nice fucking evening." I breathed. "She was to take a shower, then take that stupid pill so she wouldn't get pregnant. She was ovulating for Christ sake and we forgot the condom. She probably got pregnant and she's probably already lost it again. She's had to go through yet another miscarriage while being kidnapped by those fucking psychopaths."

I wanted to scream. I wanted to literally scream.

"Fuck!" I shouted, kicking the chair that was already on the floor.

And I didn't stop.

I kept kicking the fucking chair. I kicked it again and again and again, no matter how hard it hurt my bare foot.

I kept kicking until one of the legs cracked off, and then I picked up the chair and smashed it into the wall over and over again.

I didn't care if I was breaking the wall.

I needed to take my anger out on something, and I didn't care that both George and Angie were watching my tantrum.