Fifty-two

A lot of things have happened since the last chapter.

In my life, not in Kai's life.

I went to my Danish oral exam where I got an A which was great!

I've had several mental breakdowns. I've called the emergency psychiatric line twice and the second time, they told me to come in.

So I came in yesterday and got myself admitted to the psych ward but a few hours later I checked myself out because I was fine again.

Though they advised me to stay because I most likely have borderline personality disorder so that's why my moods change so drastically.

I mean, I thought the world was ending so I admitted myself to the psych ward and just a couple of hours later, I was well enough to not need to be there.

Or so I thought...

Now I'm out and I feel like I should've stayed but I don't want to admit myself again because I don't trust myself and I'll probably walk right out again.

Also, my birthday is on Sunday. I turn 19 and for the first time in 19 years, I am not excited.

I've cancelled the plans I had with my friends but I'm still celebrating with my family, though they're all gonna look at me and think I'm crazy because they know I admitted myself only to leave the same day.

I feel crazy and I want someone to officially diagnose me with borderline so I can get help, but I'm not seeing one about it until next Friday and I'm going crazy.

That's enough of me rambling.

Enjoy the chapter ;)

Ps. I have an oral math exam on Thursday.

-

When I got home a week later after the job interview, the entire flat smelled nice of food.

I pushed off my shoes, my eyes focused on Fred who was in the kitchen, and due to the music coming from the radio, he hadn't heard me enter the room.

He was cooking and he looked very concentrated as he hummed along to the song.

I hung my jacket on the wall and then smiled at Aaron who stood on the dining chair.

"Hi sweetheart." I whispered and picked him up, petting him while Fred turned to look at me.

"Oh, hey love." He smiled. "How did the interview go?"

I shrugged.

"It was fine. In August, I'm going to be preparing for the upcoming school year as the new charms teacher."

Fred whipped his head to the side, his eyes slightly wide, and I laughed as I put Aaron down.

"No way... you got it?"

"I got it."

He looked at me for a minute before laughing with joy. He put the knife down on the cutting board and approached me with large steps.

One hand went to the nape of my neck as he pulled me closer, kissing me. Then his hands dropped to my arse and he lifted me up, helping me wrap my legs around his hips.

"I knew you could do it." He grinned widely at me. "I'm so proud of you."

I hid my face in the crook of his neck, smiling widely against his skin.

"You must be relieved." I said when he put me back down. "We'll both be working again and we'll have both of our earnings, not just yours."

Fred smiled and leaned back against the counter.