Sixty

It was an early morning when I got up and decided to get dressed.

Fred was in the shower, so I was on my own in the bedroom, taking my time with the clothes.

I was pulling my hair back into a high ponytail while staring at myself in the mirror. I untucked a few strands, letting them frame my face, and then I pulled open a drawer and looked for a shirt.

I chose a button-up shirt, sliding it over my shoulders as Fred entered the room after his shower.

He dried his hair with a towel, another towel wrapped around his hips.

"Do you want to do something today?" He asked, throwing the towel on the bed before unwrapping the one around his hips.

"Like what?"

"I don't know." Fred shrugged. "Something that doesn't involve us sitting inside all day."

I shrugged and started buttoning the shirt while Fred approached me. I stepped back to allow him to pull open the dresser with underwear.

"Are you upset with me?" He asked, pulling on a pair of black briefs before turning to me, but I just continued to watch myself in the mirror.

"No. Of course I'm not upset with you." I said, and he pushed one of the strands behind my ear, stepping closer to me.

"No?"

He slid an arm around my waist which caused me to look at him. I tilted my head and he smiled weakly at me, his eyes scanning over my face.

"So is that a yes to doing something today?" He asked, pressing a kiss to my temple.

He stepped behind me, his arm staying around my waist. He placed his chin on my shoulder and watched me through the mirror.

He gently grabbed my hands and removed them from my shirt before undoing the button I had just buttoned.

He pressed a kiss to my neck as he slid his hand into my shirt and cupped my breast.

"I thought you wanted to do something. Not me." I said, and he laughed against my neck.

I turned around in his arms and looked up at him as he picked me up by my thighs, placing me on the dresser.

"Maybe I want to do both." He whispered as he brushed his lips over mine, his hands crawling up my thighs.

"But babe." I whined, tilting my head back as he kissed my neck. "I have to pee."

"Now?"

"Yes. Otherwise I'll end up peeing on you."

He let out a breath laugh before helping me down from the dresser.

"Fine, but I'll fuck you afterwards. You've got me all excited." He said, glancing down at his crotch for a second before catching my gaze again.

"Yeah?" I asked, cupping him through his briefs, and he gasped slightly, trying to avoid my touch. "I see what you mean. Don't worry, baby, I'll be right back and I'll help you take care of it."

I winked at him and he shook his head at me while I left the bedroom and walked down the hallway to the bathroom.

The second I shut the door, I doubled over in pain.

It was this sharp pain hitting me right in my lower stomach and for a moment it felt like I couldn't breathe.

I gasped for air, my arms wrapped around my stomach, and when I tried to straighten up again, the pain was back, this time so bad that I couldn't stay on my feet.

I dropped to my knees, my arms wrapped around my stomach and my forehead resting against the floor while I kept breathing at a fast and heavy pace.

"Kai?!" Fred called from the bedroom. "Did you drop something?!"

When I didn't answer, I heard the floor creak as he walked down the hallway.

A knock sounded on the door.

"Darling?" He asked, his time quieter. "Is anything wrong?"

Then I started to cry, because I knew exactly what was happening in my body. I cried, and it wasn't just a silent cry.

I was full on wailing which was what caused Fred to try and open the door, but it was locked.

"Kai! Baby, open the door!"

I couldn't. I couldn't get up, and I couldn't move. I heard his footsteps fade, and shortly after he came back and I heard the door unlock.

Fred rushed inside, throwing the wand aside as he dropped to his knees and wrapped an arm over me.

"What's happening?" He asked, brushing hair out of my face, but all he would be able to see was my scrunched up face and my lips that were parted as I blew out shaky breaths. "Are you— is it—"

"No!" I cried, but I didn't wasn't saying no because it wasn't a miscarriage.

I just didn't want it to be.

"Let's get you to a hospital." He tried to remove me off the floor but I just cried and tried pushing him away. "Kai, you have to be seen at a hospital."

I shook my head, opening my eyes for just a minute, to notice the red colour staining my jeans between my legs.

"No." I shook my head again and again while Fred pressed a kiss to my head.

"Baby, please."

"This isn't happening." I whispered. "It isn't happening."

"You have to get off the floor, Kai. I know you feel like the world is ending right now, but we need to get you to a hospital."

I stayed on the floor while Fred tried to get me up, but he didn't want to pull on me too hard.

"Fuck." He breathed. "I'm calling Angie."

He hurried out of the bathroom but returned with his phone, staying with me as he called her.

He didn't mention the word miscarriage. He probably still had hope. Though he did tell her that I was on the floor in so much pain that I couldn't get up.

He hadn't noticed the bleeding between my thighs.

He was quick to finish the call, letting the phone drop to the floor so he could focus on me.

He brushed hair out of my face, pressing a kiss to my temple. He was whispering things to me, but I didn't hear him.

I heard the fireplace, and fast footsteps, and suddenly Angie replaced Fred.

"Kai, hey. Hi. Fred called me. Said you aren't feeling too well."

She was talking to me as if she was scared I would lash out at her.

Though I liked that she was here. She had stopped playing professional quidditch after getting pregnant the first time, and then she became a healer trainee before succeeding in becoming an experienced healer.

"I'm bleeding." I whispered, so faintly that only she could hear it.

I looked at her and she let out a sigh, nodding slowly. Then she looked up at Fred.

"Get some medi-wizards over here. She can't get up, so she needs to be transported."