Fifty-one

I turned twenty-eight on April twenty-third.

I didn't want to do anything really so Fred and I stayed home, looking for houses which was the only thing I really was in the mood for.

The funeral of my mother was a few days prior to my birthday so that just threw me off completely.

Then May came and on May second, Fred and I as well as our friends walked up to the graveyard near Hogwarts.

It had been eight years since we won the war, and right years since the Wizarding world suffered major losses.

I was holding Fred's hand and our fingers were laced together as we walked up the hill, surrounded by our friends.

George had his arm wrapped around Angie's shoulders and Lee and Felix walked next to each other.

Carter was here and he had both Myeong and Chas with him.

"There's daddy!" Myeong shouted when he noticed dad's grave, and he ran forward, past Fred and I before throwing himself on the ground in front of dad's tombstone.

Chas Brooks
1954 - 1998
His life a beautiful memory, his absence a silent grief

I chewed on my lip as I stared at the grave. Carter walked over and with his son on his arm, he ruffled up Myeong's hair and said something to him that we couldn't hear.

"You okay?" Fred whispered, and I nodded but my eyes stayed on my dad's name.

"I can't believe we're all grown up." Lee said as he stared up at Hogwarts in the distance. "We grew up in that castle. I kind of miss it."

"Yeah, I do too." I heard George say, and Fred silently agreed, his attention on me.

Carter looked back to see if I was going to join him and Myeong, but I took a step back instead.

"I need a moment." I told Fred, slipping my hand out of his before turning around and walking back down the hill.

I ran both hands through my hair, tugging on it. I kept walking until I could no longer here everyone talking.

I leaned against the bridge that led to Hogwarts, and I stood there, staring up at the castle.

I miss it too.

The castle was majestic as always. I pressed a hand to my stomach, feeling the butterflies as I thought back to all the moments I had inside of that castle.

I couldn't start to express just how much I missed waking up there every single day.

"Mrs Weasley?" A familiar voice asked from somewhere.

I looked around before my eyes landed on Professor McGonagall.

"Or do you still go by Brooks?" She asked with a kind smile.

"Professor..." I stood up straight. "I go by both. It depends, really, but Mrs Brooks is fine."

"Mrs Brooks it is then." She nodded, and looked up towards the hill. "It doesn't get easier, does it? So many lives lost that day."

"Yeah..." I nodded, trying not to think of my dad.

"I was sorry to hear about your shop." She said, and I offered a smile, shrugging.