Fifty-seven

"If you want your precious book back, you'll have to come and get it."

I narrowed my eyes at Fred as he held up my book, keeping it out of reach from me.

"I'll kick you where it hurts the most, Frederick."

He laughed, tilting his head at me.

"No need to be so hostile, darling. You know my payment method. Threats won't get you anywhere."

He backed away slowly and when I rushed towards him, he ran to the other side of the kitchen island.

"Fred!" I warned him. "Give me that book back!"

"Payment first, my angel." He sang while I chased him around the island once more.

I sighed dramatically.

"How many?"

"Five."

"How about four?"

"Seven."

"I'll do three."

"Nah. Now we're on twenty."

"This isn't how it works, Frederick!" I exclaimed.

"Fine." He grinned, leaning on the island while staring at me. "I'll settle on fifteen but not any lower. You hear me? Fifteen and if you decide to go higher, I'll gladly take that too."

I rolled my eyes.

"Deal."

"Deal?"

"Yes." I nodded. "Deal."

"Here's your book then." He smiled, sliding it across the island, and I grabbed it as quickly as I could so he couldn't take it back.

I turned to walk towards our bedroom, to put it away, when I heard Fred's voice behind me.

"I think you're forgetting something, my love."

"I'll kiss you in a minute!" I assured him, continuing to the bedroom.

I put the book on the shelf, making sure it stood the right place. My books were sorted alphabetically and Fred had already messed it up on purpose today so I had to make sure I had fixed it.

When I was sure every book stood where I wanted it, I walked out of the room to see Fred sitting on the sofa, looking through the daily prophet.

I slid down next to him and he smiled automatically when I leaned into him.

"Going to pay up?" He asked.

"Only if you shut up." I whispered and ran my hand along the side of his neck while leaning in to kiss his skin.

Fred leaned back and ran a hand to the back of my thigh, pulling me on top of him.

"One." I whispered when my lips parted from his neck.

I looked at his face and he looked up at me before I leaned down and kissed his lips.

"Two..."

I kissed him and each time I counted, until I reached fifteen. Then I pulled back and grinned at him.

"Not even any tips?" He whispered, running his hand to the back of my neck.

"You should be the one tipping me." I told him. "I did an excellent job kissing you."

Fred smiled and pulled me closer, pressing a kiss to my lips.

"Well, the kisses were payment so you're the one who needs to tip me."