Eighty-five

I was out of bed, walking around the room at St. Mungo's.

I had too much anxiety in my body and I just needed to be up and moving around.

Fred was sitting with the baby, suggesting names, but we hadn't come across one we both liked yet.

"Can't we just name him after someone?" Fred laughed softly, but I made a face at that request.

"No. He's his own person. I don't want to be naming him after someone." I said. "Especially because it's pretty obvious this was a lucky thing that'll never happen again, so he'll be our only child."

Fred inhaled sharply, squinting his eyes as he thought about names.

"Alright, let's go with a theme. Flower names or nature names? Something..."

I shook my head, folding my arms over my chest.

"Oh..." Fred spoke, and I looked at him. He looked down at his phone while holding our baby against his chest.

"What?"

"George and Angie are at the hospital." He said. "Do you want to see them?"

I nodded quickly.

"Tell them to come up." I said. "I miss them so much."

I made a small sound, trying to keep myself from crying. I had done nothing but cry after waking up here.

Aurors had been here to talk to me, but I hadn't said a word.

I didn't want to talk about what happened.

I couldn't.

I crackled my knuckles before swinging my arms back and forth.

"How about Alfie?" Fred suggested.

"What? No!" I made a disgusted sound. "I hate that name. I despise it."

"Why?" Fred let out a small chuckle.

"Because it sounds like something a fairy from some children's book is named."

Fred's chuckle turned into a laugh.

"Hey... how's Carter?" I asked, fidgeting with my fingers.

Fred looked up, tearing his eyes away from our son. His eyes focused on me.

"Carter is... well, he's busy with Myeong and Chas." He told me. "He's missing you a lot. I've called him, but I don't think he's heard the voicemail I left him. Otherwise he would be here."

"And Maya? Have you heard from her?"

Fred shook his head.

"No. Not since that day you two fought and she left."

I let out a heavy sigh and raked a hand through my hair.

"Is she even aware that I've been gone?" I asked, and Fred tilted his head, looking at me with pity.

"I don't know, love."

"I hate how everything turned out. We grew apart after dad died and—"

I was cut off when the door to the room opened.

Angie walked in first and when she saw me, she started bawling, and so did I.

I ran straight into her arms and she wrapped hers around me, the both of us crying as we hugged.

"Oh my god. I can't believe you're actually here!" She cried and pulled away to take a look at me. "I'm so sorry that happened to you! I'm so sorry!"

I shook my head, and then I noticed George, and I basically threw myself into his arms as well.