The Parting Shot

"Anders, now that we're in Dubai, the plan to set a trap for The Sword can be executed! Time is of the essence!" Ingrid says addressing the men before her.

"I hope it works!" Jack prayed, "our investigation in Egypt helped us get closer to The Sword, but it wasn't enough. They must be stopped before they strike again!"

"And it's not just about avenging Chief Ripley's murder anymore!" she added, "with the discovery that The Sword belongs to SOMBRA, a worldwide terrorist organization aimed at global domination, there is no room for anything other than absolute success!"

"Thankfully, we've found SOMBRA's weapons dealer, a man named Seamus Cummings," Anders chimed in, "we're going to use him to get to The Sword."

"Agents, your mission is to purchase a large quantity of weapons from Mr. Cummings in order to attract the attention of The Sword. You two will go undercover posing as rebel leaders seeking weapons for an uprising," Ingrid orders, "you are to meet him at Dubai's famous rooftop golf course. Should anything happen while you're undercover, your safe word is: Eskimo."

"Anders," Jack said as he checked his watch, "our meeting time is approaching and we've got to get into our rebel leader disguises to meet our target! It's time we end The Sword's game for good!"

Jack and Anders headed down to the storage room where the trunks of disguises were waiting for them. Jack dug around for the necessary outfits and tossed Anders a set of black robes and a matching scarf to wrap around his head. While the Asgardian got dressed, the American found a similar outfit and put it on and the two secured the robes with tied sashes. While Jack looked for a fake beard to wear with his disguise, Anders headed to the armoury to grab a couple rifles for them to wear.

"Alright, we're all suited up!" Jack says, fixing his fake beard as they meet in the hallway, "you look great, Anders! Seamus will never suspect a thing."

"Here's hoping he doesn't," Anders agrees, passing Jack a rifle.

He took it and strapped it to his back, "let's go see a man about some weapons! To the rooftop golf course we go!"

Having to leave Hunter at the station for the mission, Jack and Anders each took a motorcycle and took a discrete route to the rooftop golf course where Seamus requested to meet them. They parked near the back entrance and went inside, quickly finding the elevator and riding it up to the rooftop. They had to walk up a flight of stairs to get onto the roof but once there, they admired the large, circular golf course that greeted them.

While you wouldn't be able to play a full game of golf the field was set up with nine holes dug strategically around for a shorter game. In the center was a round pond surrounded by patches of grass and sand traps. At the hole closest to the beginning, they saw Seamus Cummings lying slumped against the flagpole. As they approached the man they realized that he was covered in blood and his eyes were staring at nothing. Not far from the body was a beige golf bag and in the sand trap beside Seamus was a ripped-up matchbox.

"Oh no, Anders! That's our target, Seamus Cummings. But he's... dead! What's the safe word again? Eskimo!" Jack cried so that the team listening in back at the station knew the plan had failed before it began.

"With Seamus dead, we can't follow through on our plan to trap The Sword!" Anders complained, pulling his head scarf off, "so much for one-upping the enemy!"

"The best thing now is to find out who killed him and see if it can lead us back to The Sword somehow!" he says, tugging his beard off, "let's see if anything around here can help... Anders, the golf bag you picked up is a good start. There's got to be something in here we can use."

"And there's also this torn-up matchbox!" Anders said as he reached into the sand trap to retrieve it.

"You also want to put together that ripped-up matchbook?" Jack assumed, "let's do it. There's still hope of catching The Sword! But first... let's take off these disguises. It's hot in here!"