The Calvary Arrives

"I have never been so happy to see Astra than I am now!" Jack declares as the team walks across the tarmac, dragging their luggage and equipment behind them.

"I sure have missed her," Carmen agrees, "flying just isn't the same without her... It's certainly a lot safer!"

"Yes, she's a lot more reliable than other planes...." Angela commented, "but who's going to be the pilot?"

"I'm sure between Adalet, Jack, and Jonah, they can cover our lack of Fili!" Lars replies.

"On top of their other duties?" she frowns, "we don't want them to burn out!"

"Do not worry; I have already found a potential replacement for Fili until he returns," Chief Ripley informs the team as they reach the bottom of the stairs.

Ingrid raised an eyebrow, "are you sure it's wise to bring someone new to the team, given we have just learned about a potential mole?"

"He can be trusted," she promises, "among a long list of allies, Rosarie, Adalet, and Fili trust him with their lives... If those aren't three solid references, I don't know what is!"

"Is he the calvary you told me about?" Adalet presumed, smiling as she saw Astra glimmer in the sunlight.

Ripley nods, "he is."

"I think calling me the "calvary" might be exaggerating; I'm only one person!"

The Bureau looks up at the plane's entrance and sees Nathan Pandit leaning against the doorframe. He wasn't wearing his U.N.I.T uniform this time, but they suspected he still had his weapons and equipment hidden on him. He now wore fitted black pants held up by a black belt with silver chains shaped like snakes hanging on his right hip while a gun was strapped to his left, a tight, navy blue shirt made of breathable kevlar, and a slim fitted black leather jacket. He still had his heeled boots, wedding ring, and snake necklace, but they could now see that he wore his silver snake hair comb as it was on the left side of his head above his ear.

"You better not have brought any snakes with you!" Jack threatens.

Nathan holds up his hands, "relax; I promise I didn't bring any snakes with me! As long as you don't count my jewelry!"

Jack grumbled under his breath, sounding like, 'we'll see...'

"Agent Nagendra was forbidden from bringing any reptiles with him," Chief Ripley informed, "now, I want all of you to get your equipment inside; we'll leave for Kenya afterward. Adalet, get Michelle set up in the spare bedroom by the lounge. Once everyone is ready, you are all to meet me in the briefing room."

The team gave responses of confirmation before carrying their luggage and equipment on board. Nathan stepped out of their way, and Chief Ripley motioned for him to follow her to her office. Once inside the room, Ripley locked the door and led Nathan over to her desk, sitting in her chair while he sat across from her.

"Have you considered my offer?" Chief Ripley asks, folding her hands on her desk.

Nathan nods, "yes, I want to help you and the Bureau take down SOMBRA."

"Are you sure?" she pressed, "you just got your husband back. I don't want to force you away from Oberon!"

"You're not. SOMBRA was involved in nearly killing our son and us, I don't know how or why, but I know they played a part in that fire!" he hissed, "Oberon and I promised to help you take them down any way we can, and if that means we need to be apart for a while, then that's what we'll do! And it won't be forever; once Fili's recovered enough, he and Oberon will catch up with us wherever we are!"