Total Eclipse of the Heart

In Peru...

"Anders, the murder of SOMBRA's high-placed ally, the President of Luzaguay, has given us a window of opportunity we must seize! If SOMBRA managed to take control of an entire country through its President, who knows what else El Rey has planned?" Chief Ripley worries, "but luck is on our side: Adolfo Herrera is supposed to meet up with a SOMBRA agent in Machu Picchu today... and they've got no idea he's dead! And that's where Jack comes into action! He will disguise himself as Herrera and go with you to the rendezvous point to meet that SOMBRA agent!"

"No problem, Chief!" Jack declared, pulling his mask on to complete his outfit, "already getting into my disguise!"

"I'm expecting your very best!" she replies, hands on her hips, "this meeting could tell us more about SOMBRA's next moves and El Rey's plans for the future!"

Anders salutes, "we won't let you down, Chief!"

"Anders, this could be interesting! There's a solar eclipse today!" Jack reports excitedly, "we better get to the SOMBRA agent before they disappear into the shadows!"

At Machu Picchu...

Anders watches from his hiding place inside one of the temples as Jack stands in the middle of Machu Picchu, waiting for the SOMBRA agent to arrive. The sky had begun getting progressively darker as they waited, and soon it would be pitch black due to the eclipse.

"I just had a thought, Anders," Jack whispers, knowing his partner could hear him, "we have no idea what the SOMBRA agent looks like. It could be anybody at Machu Picchu! And the eclipse has already begun! If we don't make contact soon, we might miss this chance to learn about SOMBRA's next move! Wait, there's a woman approaching! She could be the SOMBRA messenger!"

True to Jack's words, a woman in a colourful pancho was steadily approaching the temple ruins. She stops near one of the stone pits where Jack had been waiting for her.

"Greetings, Presidente..." the woman says, "the condor greets the sun with a radiant heart...."

"Greetings and salutations!" Jack replied happily with a fake Luzaguayan accent.

She frowns, "ahem... I said the condor greets the sun with a radiant heart!"

He gulps, realizing she wanted a specific answer which he did not know, "um... Someone left the cake out in the rain?"

"What?! Wait a minute! You're not El Presidente! Who are- Ugggggghh!"

The rest of the SOMBRA agent's sentence was interrupted as a golden knife impaled her straight in the heart. The woman chokes on the blood rapidly filling her lungs as she falls to the ground. Sadly, there was no chance of saving her as Anders heard her heart stop while he ran out of his hiding place.

"Anders, did someone just kill the SOMBRA agent?!" Jack demands, looking around, trying to find his partner, "Anders, are you still there? I can't see anything!"

Anders reaches out and grasps Jack's arm, "I'm still here! Just wait a few minutes; the eclipse should start to clear up!"

And the Hybrid was right. Slowly the moon continued its journey past the sun, and the light began to return to the planet. As their ability to see returned, Anders and Jack looked at the dead body in the pit beside them.

"Anders, this is a disaster!" Jack cried, removing his mask, "someone took advantage of the eclipse to kill the SOMBRA agent, and by now, the murderer must be long gone!"

"No time to worry about that now," Anders replies, summoning a portal, "we need to pick up the body and look around the crime scene!"

He nods, "I'll get this disguise off and join you!"