A Stab in the Dark

In Singapore...

"Anders, sorry I sat out your case in Thailand," Carmen apologizes, "apparently, adopting a kid is a lot of work. There were accommodations and tutors to arrange and... things."

Anders chuckles, "been there, done that! Though I bet Ahmet's adoption wasn't as complicated as Sanjay's, given the lack of SOMBRA involvement!"

"Thankfully, hunting for SOMBRA is much more straightforward! And I'm glad Singapore's a bustling business hub that never sleeps because our investigation won't wait no matter how late the hour!" she says excitedly, "the breadcrumb trail of SOMBRA's "next level" program for child recruits led us straight here."

"At least, our mysterious helper back in Thailand said we'd find information here. They told us to consult a lawyer called Michelle Zuria..." he hums, "I'm still not sure we can trust this X. They contacted us out of nowhere, knowing way too much about our investigation... But their first lead proved good, so we can't ignore this one."

"At least, it's true that a lot of money and information flows through Singapore. It's a very international city, a real melting pot of cultures - Chinese, Indian, Malay..." she comments, "let's pay this Ms. Zuria a visit then, Anders. I hope she knows something about SOMBRA and won't just shout, "Objection!" when we show up!"

Later, in Zuria & Lee LLP offices...

"Who're you, and what do you want?" Michelle Zuria asks as the agents enter her office.

Anders and Carmen show Michelle their Bureau badges.

"Ms. Zuria, we require some information which we're told you can provide," Anders replies, putting his badge away, "an international criminal organization's been recruiting children... and taking them to a "next level" program. Have you heard anything about this?"

"Do you mean child labour? Why would I know anything about this?" she questions as her cell phone starts ringing, "excuse me, I need to take this."

Michelle pulls her phone out and answers the call, "Michelle Zuria speaking. Anbu, is that you? Wait, calm down! What do you mean, she's dead? Who killed her?!"

Anders and Carmen exchange curious looks.

"Where are you? In an observation wheel cabin? Don't move; I'm on my way!" Michelle orders, ending the conversation, "Agent Anders, I'm sorry, I must go. I have urgent business to attend to."

"We heard! Someone's been murdered, and one of your clients seems involved!" Anders replies, "we're coming with you! Let's go to this cabin, Carmen!"

The agents rushed after Michelle and followed the lawyer as she drove to the observation wheel. It resembled a giant Ferris wheel, and the private cabin where the crime occurred was docked at the entrance platform. Michelle nearly threw the door open to get inside, and Anders and Carmen entered behind her. In the room, laid across a dining table, was a dead woman with a large gash in her stomach. Looking around the cabin, they saw a man curled up crying in a corner, who Michelle rushed over to. While she talks to the man, Anders spots a burnt piece of paper under the table.

"Constance!" the dishevelled man sobs, "the light of my life, now gone!"

"Anders, this is a murder, alright! Was the victim stabbed in the stomach? Look at all this blood!" Carmen remarks, taking out her pen and notepad, "and who're you, Mr-"

"Anbu Devanesan, Agent," Anbu gasps through his sobs, "forgive me, I just can't... I can't believe that my Constance is-"

Anders takes a step toward the man, "Mr. Devanesan-"