Rest and Relaxation

Jonah walks back onto the plane after coming back from his morning run. The sun was beginning to rise behind him casting a soft glow onto the snow-covered ground. He closes the door behind him as he steps into the plane and is hit by the smell of brewing coffee drifting up from the lower level. Deciding to hold off on his shower, Jonah descended to the lower level and made his way into the kitchen/break room.

Entering the long room, he noticed the large coffee maker at the drink bar was steaming as coffee dripped down into the pitcher under the spout. Eleven different themed mugs were lined up on the counter waiting to be filled and breakfast was sizzling as it cooked on the stoves. Looking over he saw Fili and Adalet, both still in their pyjamas, frying more eggs and bacon than he could count.

Adalet looked over her shoulder and saw him standing there, "morning, Jonah! Did you have a nice run?"

"Yeah, it was good... What are you two doing?" Jonah inquired.

"Makin' breakfast!" Fili answers, turning the bacon in his pan, "we're doin' a full Irish today! Hope that's alright?"

"That's fine, are you guys making breakfast for everyone?" he questioned.

"Of course!" he grinned, "it's our mandatory day off, so we like to start it off right!"

"This team gets mandatory days off? I didn't know that," Jonah admits.

"When Ripley came back, Ingrid made it a requirement that the team get a day off after cases or missions unless circumstances say otherwise," Fili explains, "the others should start getting up soon if you want to take a shower!"

"Also, do you like coffee?" Adalet asked, "we didn't get a mug out, but if you want some I can find one!"

"Coffee sounds great," Jonah replies, "I'm going to go take that shower now!"

When Jonah came back to the breakroom after his shower, he found the rest of the team sitting around the table with plates of food and their mugs of coffee. Most were still wearing their pyjamas but some, Dupont, Ripley and Ingrid, wore casual clothes instead. He made himself a plate of food, grabbed his mug, and took a seat beside Fili.

"You didn't happen to pass Ahmet on the way here, did you?" Fili asks, stabbing a sausage with his fork.

"No, why?" Jonah asked, picking up his mug.

Adalet sighed, "I swear, the "teen" gets added to his age and suddenly he's a different person. I'll go wake him up!"

Adalet excused herself from the table and went to go get the youngest resident of the plane. Nearly ten minutes later, she returned with a still half-asleep Ahmet who dropped into an empty seat while the woman put together a plate for him.

"Thanks, Anne," Ahmet mumbled, picking up his fork.

Adalet ruffled the boy's messy hair as she returned to her seat. The team all fell into a comfortable silence, occasionally broken by small conversations around the table. One by one, people began finishing their meals and leaving the break room until Jonah and Adalet were the last ones left.

"Does everyone always stay in their pyjamas on days off?" Jonah asks.

"Sometimes, we used to change before leaving our rooms, but eventually we stopped caring and just kept them on, so long as you don't sleep in the nude we don't care if you keep your PJs on," Adalet explained, finishing her mug of coffee.

"Also where's Anders?" he inquired, "I wanted to ask if he'd show me his sword today!"

She hides a smirk behind her mug, "oh, he's not here today... Don't worry, he'll be back before you know it! Take the day and relax, Jonah, you never know the next time you'll get it again!"