Down to the Wire

"Adalet, President Hewett's decision to withdraw from the Unified Nations was a victory for SOMBRA. We cannot let the international crisis escalate!" Chief Ripley briefs.

"That's why we're in Montreal!" Adalet replies, "intel shows that SOMBRA's leader is here!"

"We'll need more info to find him, but we won't be idle. Our priority is to contact the Canadian Prime Minister, Jason Stone. Armed with the drive from SOMBRA's satellite, we can finally prove they're a threat!" she smiles proudly, "by forcing SOMBRA out of the shadows, we can put a stop to whatever they're planning! Stone is hosting a hockey match between Canada and the United Kingdom, promoting international peace. Let's go grab his attention!"

"I'll come with you and Michelle, Adalet! You can't have too much security!" Jonah says, punching his fist into his palm.

At the game...

"Agents! Welcome to Montreal!" Stone smiles brightly, arms spread out in greeting as the three Bureau agents enter the skybox, "like you, I'm working towards maintaining the peace. Occasions like these bring nations together and promote peace! That's my priority!"

"That's why we're here. Could we have a few moments to talk?" Adalet requests, "we have vital information about a global criminal organization."

"I have a few concerns of my own I'd like to discuss. Let's talk in private after the game," he replies, "until then, enjoy the match with my other guests!"

Stone bid them goodbye and made his way through the crowd to his seat near the window of the skybox. Adalet and Michelle moved to an empty area on the other side of the skybox where they could observe the people in the room and the hockey game below. Meanwhile, Jonah went another direction to canvas the area for signs of danger.

"I'm glad Stone's eager to listen, Adalet, but we shouldn't wait," Michelle says impatiently, "if El Rey is in Montreal-"

GOOOAAAAL!

The women turned just in time to see one of the Canadian player's slapshot sail past the UK's goalie and hit the back of the net. Lights flash as the horns blare, and the crowd cheers for the Canadian team.

"Look, Adalet! Canada just scored! Everyone in here is going crazy!" Michelle remarks, her eyes gazing across the stands. She turns to Adalet as the cheering dies down, "as I was-

"Adalet, the Prime Minister's down!" Johan cries as he runs over to his teammates.

"What do you mean, he's standing-" Adalet gasps as she sees the Prime Minister sprawled out on the floor in front of the couches by the buffet, "oh Gods, Stone's collapsed!"

"I'll secure the room, Adalet," he volunteers, "you check on Stone!"

Adalet and Michelle pushed through the crowd frantically rushing out of the room once everyone realized the Prime Minister had been attacked. Adalet reached Stone and immediately noticed strange marks on his neck, as if someone had strangled him with a thin rope. There was no pulse to be found, meaning this wasn't just an attack but murder. Looking around the skybox, Adalet noticed a hockey puck on the bar counter near the seating area where Stone had died.

"Stone's dead! Someone strangled him!" Adalet announces, examining the harsh red line on the Canadian's neck, "how could they have killed Stone while we were right here with him?"

"And how can we bring down El Rey when the only person willing to listen to us is dead?" Michelle wonders with worry, "we must solve this case fast! Someone here must've witnessed the murder!"

"Unfortunately, Agents, I'm the only guest left," the agents looked over to see Hector Montoya standing off to the side and avoiding looking at the corpse, "but I'm happy to assist... This is truly tragic!"