Speak, Friend, and Die

"Adalet!" Carmen says in surprise as she watches her teammate enter the briefing room, a cup of coffee in her hand and Hunter and Dean walking behind her, "I... Didn't expect to see you up so early!"

"It's noon," Adalet deadpanned, taking a sip of her coffee.

She blushed, "still... After everything that happened yesterday... The team will understand if you want to sit this investigation out."

"I appreciate it, but I need to work; I need to be useful," she replies, placing her mug on the table, "Ahmet hasn't left his room since I told him that SOMBRA took Fili... He's video-calling Hazan right now, so maybe she'll convince him to talk to me... So please, Carmen, let me help, so I don't go crazy searching the world for Fili."

The reporter sighed, "alright, but promise me you'll take a break if you need to?"

"I will," she vows.

"Thank you, nice hijab, by the way," Carmen complimented.

Since her hood wouldn't be enough to keep the migraine, or her desire to look everywhere in New Zealand for her husband, at bay, Adalet had put on one of her headscarves for the first time in over a year. This scarf was black with gold sunflowers stitched into the fabric.

"Thanks, Fili embroidered the sunflowers on it," Adalet smiles, rubbing her eyes.

"Adalet," Chief Ripley greets as she enters the room, "are you sure you don't want the day off? I can have Archer assist Carmen!"

"With all due respect, Chief, I'm sure," she promises.

She nods in understanding, "alright, then, let's get to work! We must find Baxter Fraser! He's one of SOMBRA's test subjects! And he's on the run!"

"Yes, Chief, from what we could tell, Baxter was fleeing Indonesia for New Zealand! And New Zealand is where the fifth film in "The Ringed Lord" septology is being filmed!" Carmen adds excitedly.

Adalet blinks, "I don't think I've seen you so excited before, Carmen!"

"What?" she flushed, "the books are really amazing... And the films are, too!"

"Fili tried- is trying to get me to read them," she catches herself, "fantasy isn't my favourite; I've always preferred sci-fi, you know?"

Carmen snaps her mouth shut, unsure of how to respond to that.

"If Fraser's on the run, putting on a silly costume and milling about with extras could be a perfect hiding place for him...." Ripley ponders, "we must follow any lead we've got! Go to the set of that film and get Baxter Fraser; he could give us more information about SOMBRA! We haven't got a moment to lose, Agents!"

Adalet, Carmen, and the dogs leave the plane, and Carmen drives them to the movie set to search for Baxter. They parked outside of the field and followed the beaten path to the main hobbit holes built into the small hills. The place really looked to be from a fantasy land; lush green grass, beautiful blooming flowers, and rustic architecture created the tiny underground homes and surrounding sets.

But sadly, the beautiful scene was tainted by the dead body lying against the wooden fence of the main character's hobbit hole. Blood soaked the man's hair while more trailed down the sides of his pale face. Approaching the corpse, Dean finds a green and white megaphone near the body while Hunter picks up a white card from a large bush on the opposite side of the fence.

"We barely set foot on this film set, and we find a dead body!" Carmen grumbled, unamused, "this victim doesn't fit the scene, and he definitely isn't Baxter Fraser... Wait a minute, Adalet! That's Jackson Peters, the director of "The Ringed Lord" septology! He's one of the most epic film directors of all time! What are we fans going to do if he's dead? They're only just now making film five of seven!"