Moscow Mole

"Adalet, Chief Ripley and I would like a quick word with you," Ingrid calls as she sees the woman walking past the briefing room.

Adalet and Hunter backtracked and entered the office, "yes?"

"I know there's some hard feelings about what happened in Europe, Adalet. Misleading you was a difficult but necessary decision. But it worked exactly as I'd hoped! Bahir no longer poses a threat and you've made progress in learning about SOMBRA," Chief Ripley says happily, "however if we're to take down an international terrorist organization, it's essential that you learn to trust me again."

Adalet crossed her arms, "with all due respect, Chief, that's going to take longer than you think..."

"I understand, but there's no time for group hugs. We're here in Russia to assist Natasha Romanova, the head of the country's space agency and incidentally, Marina's mother!" she summarized, "I'll let her brief you on the situation, but I will say this: there could be disastrous consequences worldwide if Natasha's suspicions prove to be true!"

Chief Ripley gestured to the woman sitting at the long table. Adalet could see the resemblance to Marina, but she had a feeling all similarities ended after the physical ones...

"Pleased to meet you Agent Adalet," Natasha says, sticking out her hand, "I appreciate you're very busy at the Bureau, but COSMORUS's new project is nearing completion and there's rumours of a mole in the organization."

Adalet shakes the offered hand, "and you need the Bureau's help with that?"

"We cannot afford any leaks, so naturally I wanted the best of the best on the case," she explains as Chief Ripley and Ingrid disappeared into their office.

"And Russian intelligence wasn't good enough for you, mother?" Marina demands, marching into the room, "I still can't believe we came all the way to Russia just for this, when we're supposed to be hunting down SOMBRA!"

"Don't be so petulant, darling. Aren't you happy to see your mother? Anyway, I was thinking that Agent Adalet should get a feel for Moscow, find her feet a little," Natasha hums, "and where better to begin than the Red Square? I'll meet you there, Agent Adalet."

"I'll head over shortly," Adalet replies.

Natasha nodded then flashed her daughter a smile before she left the office. Marina narrowed her eyes at the back of her mother's head and Adalet could feel the intensity of the glare.

"Adalet, you need to keep your wits about you. That woman cannot be trusted!" Marina declared.

"Marina! You shouldn't talk about Ripley like that!" Jack, bundled up in his winter clothing, cried as he was walking by, "I know we're all feeling betrayed right now. But we have to remember that the Chief had our best interests at heart!"

Adalet coughed, "ah, Jack? We were talking about her mother..."

"Oh, you were discussing your mother? Don't mind me then..." he flushed.

"We never do," she teased, "but in more important news, I'm heading to the Red Square if you want to come with me!"

"We're heading to the Red Square, Adalet? Well you'd better wrap up warm, it's chilly out there!" he warned.

"Let me go find my coat..."

While Jack headed outside to warm up the Jeep, Adalet grabbed her red, fur-lined parka and Hunter's insulated black Bureau-issued coat. Once they were ready to brave the cold, they joined Jack and they drove to the Red Square to meet up with Natasha. They needed to ride the subway to reach the Square since there were no roads leading to it. When they arrived there was no sign of the redhead but they did find a bloody corpse slumped against a wooden well, the snow around the body stained red. Looking around the square, Adalet noticed some torn pieces beside the woman's body and a gold chain-style bracelet wrapped around the leg of a tall table.