Ready to Take Flight

"I'm happy to finally be leaving London," Jack says as he and the team are driven in a large van down the airport landing strip to where the Bureau's plane was waiting for them, "land of love here we come!"

There was a chauffeur in the driver's seat with their Chief riding shotgun. In the next row were Ingrid and Dupont, then Jack and Adalet followed by Marina and Elliot, and in the back were Lars and Angela. Fili and Ahmet were already on the plane waiting for the team to arrive.

"Remember, Jack, this isn't a vacation," Elizabeth calls to the backseats, "we need to get our hands on that manuscript and find out who and why the assassination of Prince Albert was ordered!"

"Yeah yeah," he replies, "but a little sightseeing never hurt anyone!"

"Speak for yourself," Elliot muttered, slouching lower in his seat, "are we almost to the plane?"

"Yes, Elliot," Ingrid answers, not looking up from her tablet, "once we get on the plane, you'll have thirty minutes to get your luggage on board and then you can unpack while we're in the air."

"Unpack?" Lars echoed, "er... Ingrid, you don't normally unpack when you're on a plane."

"You will on this one!" Elizabeth announced, "the Bureau has been working on a private project for months, and it's finally ready for action!"

"What is- That's a big plane," Adalet cuts herself off as she takes a look at the take-off track.

"What do you mean..." Jack trails off as the plane comes into sight his line of sight, "wow."

The plane was a modified Airbus A380, a three-level plane with a main level, lower level, and an upper level. It was long and wide with two doors and a back vehicle entrance. One door was at the normal location in front of the wings and the second was towards the tail of the plane. It was painted white with a blue stripe down the middle, blue-tipped wings, nose piece, and tail, with the Bureau logo painted on the sides of the tail. The staircase appeared to have come out of the plane and was lowered to the ground with a mobile lugged cart near it filled with the team's suitcases, bags, some crates, and a few boxes parked near it.

"This is that project you wouldn't tell us anything about?!" Marina exclaimed as the car came to a stop.

"What is it? I know it's a plane," Angela adds, "but why is it so big?"

"This is not just a plane," Elizabeth responded, getting out of the car and signalling for the team to follow her lead, "it is a fully functioning flying HQ for the Bureau. All of your labs are located on the main level and they have everything you need to do your jobs."

"And what, we just sleep in the seats?" Elliot groaned while the team formed a lineup in front of the Chief.

She chuckled, "no, that's what the upper level is for; it contains bedrooms for each of you with bathrooms and showers amongst them. Of course, those will be shared but they consist of multiple showers and toilet stalls. There is also a lounge on that level for added comfort and team interaction."

"What's on the lower level?" Marina inquired.

"Interrogation room, holding cells, a kennel, storage room, laundry room, kitchen & breakroom, ballistics lab and weapon storage, and lastly the garage where our vehicles will be kept," Elizabeth listed off, "while in the air all weapons are expected to be locked up in the armoury and can be retrieved once we land. Any questions?"

"Yeah, who's going to fly this thing?" Jack asked.

"I can answer that!"

The team turned to the sound of the voice and saw Ahmet standing in the doorway of the plane. He was grinning widely and waving at the team while Scout was relaxing across the boy's shoulders. But oddly enough, Ahmet had a too big pilot captain's hat on his head.