Ice Rage

Amundsen–Scott South Pole Station, Antarctica...

"So the triplets aren't asking too many questions? Good, he needs to focus on other things.... Yeah, I'll tell them. Okay, gotta go, Mum; the team's all here," Oberon says, ending the call with Poppy as the last of the team enters the station's lobby, "sorry, guys, I was on the phone with Mum; she says Lars is doing alright."

"That's good; even after our vacation, we're all still reeling from the awful revelation that Angela was the SOMBRA mole," Jack sighs, "but it was especially hard on Lars! I'm glad he's taking some time to be with the triplets. It must be devastating to discover your wife, the mother of your children, was working for a criminal organization!"

"Everyone's done some soul-searching after learning that someone we trusted and relied upon was actually in league with our greatest enemy!" Chief Ripley says, "which is why we came here, to Antarctica, to clear out heads before resuming our mission to defeat SOMBRA! And now that Fili and Oberon have joined us, we can return to the mainland and reunite with our plane!"

"Once Captain Young has finished with his delivery," Ingrid chimed in, "according to him, this station is very remote and normally receives deliveries via boat, but the last one crashed, and so the station has been rationing supplies. Captain Young is the only pilot brave enough to fly a plane here!"

Jack gulps, "he couldn't have mentioned how dangerous the flight was before agreeing to take us back to the mainland?!"

"Relax, Elijah knows what he's doing; there was barely any turbulence!" Fili reminded the agent, "don't worry, we'll be back on the mainland before you know it!"

"In the meantime, maybe we can find something to entertain us?" Adalet suggested, taking Fili's hand, "I'm sure there's something interesting on this station! Maybe we should ask-"

"Adalet? Nathan?"

The mentioned agents and the rest of the Bureau watch as a red-headed woman walks into the lobby. She was wearing a white lab coat and warm clothing underneath. Even if the building was heated, there was still a chill in the air. As the woman approached, the team saw matching grins stretch across Adalet and Nathan's faces while Fili and Avi also began to smile.

"Grace!" Adalet and Nathan exclaim, rushing forward to meet the woman halfway, and they pull each other into a group hug.

"Oh my gosh! What are you guys doing in Antarctica?!" Grace asks, returning the hug.

"Long story!" Adalet laughs, hugging her old teammate as tears of joy build in their eyes, "what are you doing here? Grimsborough got too boring for you?"

She chuckles, "decided it was time for me to have an adventure of my own! I've recently joined this station as physician while also pursuing my own research into cell regeneration in extreme climates."

"That sounds amazing!" Nathan commented as they broke out of the hug, "we're waiting to go back to the mainland; our ride needed to make a delivery here first!"

"Auntie Grace!" Avi yells, throwing himself at the woman.

Grace caught the boy with ease from years of practice, "Avi! Look at you! You've gotten so big! How are you?"

"I'm great!" he chirps, pointing at Oberon, "and look! My Dad came back!"

Oberon waves. Grace's eyes widen as she looks to Narhan for an explanation.

The coroner smiles sheepishly, "like Adalet said, long story...."

"And it just keeps getting longer!" Fili jokes, "it's great to see you again, Grace!"