Death Below Zero

"Burr!" Jack shivered as the team disembarked from the small plane they had chartered to get to Antarctica, "this place is freezing!"

"It's the south pole; what did you expect?" Carmen deadpanned, setting her bag down,

"More snow," he wisecracks.

Nathan glares, "there's more than enough snow here, Jack!"

"I'm kidding!" Jack chuckled, "I take it you don't like snow, Nathan?"

"I'm Indian and grew up in New Orleans; I'll take hot humidity over snow any day!" he declared, rubbing his gloved hands together.

"Really? You don't sound like you're from New Orleans!" he commented.

The coroner shrugs, "I can do a Cajun accent like my Dad's, but since Hindi's my first language, this is my natural accent."

"Then let's get inside before you turn into a popsicle!" Adalet teased, wrapping an arm around Nathan's shoulder and warming her friend up. The man nearly moans in happiness as he feels the Hybrid's powers spread across his body.

The Bureau walks along the plowed path from the landing track to McMurdo Station's main building. The large blue building was located in the centre of the small town-like station on the raised section of land that overlooked the icy sea. They didn't even get a chance to walk up the stairs before the door was thrown open, and a woman rushed outside.

She looked a few years older than Ingrid but was the same size as the assistant. She had freckles dotted across her rosy cheeks and fair skin, with her medium-length auburn hair braided into a single braid while her bangs framed her icy blue eyes. The woman wore black ski pants pulled over insulated orange boots, an orange thermal coat and a black puffer vest. The jacket zipper was pulled down low enough to see her gold neck with a pale blue diamond pendant, and she also wore white earmuffs and black gloves to keep her warm.

"Ingrid!" the woman beams, hugging the Swed. To the surprise of the Bureau, Ingrid returns the hug, "oh! It's been too long!"

"It has," Ingrid agrees, releasing the woman and turning to her team, "Anna, allow me to introduce you to the Bureau. Everyone, meet my cousin Anna Hansson!"

"Hej!" Anna greets, "it's so nice to meet you all! Welcome to McMurdo Station!"

"Thank you for having us," Chief Ripley replies, "this team needs to take some time to cool down before we resume our mission!"

"Well, you've come to the right place!" she declared, "we might be at the south pole, but we've got all kinds of things to help you relax! Snowmobiling, ice fishing, an indoor recreation centre- Oh! And we just got-"

AAAAHHHHHH!

The Bureau and Anna were startled by the sudden scream they heard ring out across the icy landscape. They saw no signs of danger or anyone in trouble, but someone was obviously in distress!

"What was that?!" Michelle exclaims, looking in every direction.

"It sounds like it came from the storage building!" Anna identifies, pointing to a building in the distance, "it's the orange building over there!"

"Adalet, you and Michelle check the storage building!" Ripley orders, "the rest of us will search the area in case anyone else is injured!"

"There goes our vacation...." Elliot grumbles.

The group split up, and while most agents headed in separate directions, Adalet and Michelle crossed the road to the long orange building Anna directed them to. They enter the storage room with their guns drawn and sneak around the stacks of crates, looking for an attacker. After determining that there were no signs of other life in the building, they found themselves standing in the middle of the room, staring at the suspicious scene they had found.