Double Trouble

In Alaska...

"Anders, as you know, we're in Alaska to offer protection for Unified Nations inspector Niilo Virtanen. You've uncovered a serious threat on Virtanen's life, which, considering the current political unrest, cannot be taken lightly. This USStay versus USNay debate has been stained with blood, and we cannot allow a member of the Unified Nations to be killed on our watch!" Chief Ripley declares, "not to mention, SOMBRA might very well be behind this threat. After all, not only did they put a hit on the leader of the USStay movement, but they also funded the USNay movement through O.M. MediLab before you successfully shut that company down! What they stand to gain from the current unrest is still unclear, but it's obvious SOMBRA's thriving on the current chaos. We cannot risk another murder! Which is why Archer will disguise himself as Virtanen, acting as a decoy during Virtanen's planned inspection of the Bearing Straight weapons factory."

"Getting ready as we speak, Chief!" Jack reports, pulling on his Niilo mask, "and looking forward to the mission!"

"Meanwhile, the real Virtanen will remain in the chalet that has been booked for his stay in Alaska," she disclosed.

"You can't do this, Chief Ripley!" Joel, UN's head of security, growls, "you're risking one of your agents for no reason! This is Unified Nations jurisdiction, not yours!"

Ripley narrows her eyes, "Anders, this is Joel Heller. He's in charge of Mr. Virtanen's security. Mr. Heller, we appreciate your concern, but the Bureau has the clearance to keep Mr. Virtanen safe."

"We'll see about that! I'm calling my senior officer to report your reckless behaviour!" he yells before storming out.

"You do that!" she calls after him, "now, where is Jonah? You'd think he'd be excited to take part in this assignment!"

"Reporting for duty, Chief!" Jonah says, arriving while holstering his fully loaded guns, "let's do this, Anders!"

"Excellent! Agents, the inspection schedule must be respected. There's no time to lose! Get to the weapons factory!" Ripley orders.

"Jack Archer, at your service!" Jack announced, now wearing his complete Niilo disguise, "let's go to the weapons factory!"

At Bearing Straight...

"Anders, we've been here for 15 minutes," Jack said, checking his watch as they stood in the warehouse, "and no one has welcomed us! If I were really a Unified Nations inspector, Bearing Straight would get a failing grade from me! I mean, why go through the inspection if-"

BANG

A gunshot rang through the warehouse, but before anyone could even think to duck, the bullet hit Jack in the chest. He stumbled backwards due to the force of impact, and Jonah just managed to catch him.

"Anders..." Jack coughs as a blood stain rapidly grows on his clothes, "I... ugh..."

"JACK! I mean, Mr. Virtanen!" Jonah corrects as their teammate falls unconscious, "he's not responding! Anders, I'll stay behind to look for the shooter! You need to get him to the hospital!"

"I've got him!" Anders promises, taking Jack into his arms and running outside to their Jeep. He lays Jack across the back seats, and Hunter stays with him as Anders speeds to the hospital, radioing into the team about what had just happened.

At the hospital...

"Anders, what happened?!" Carmen demands as she and Michelle run off the elevator.

"Jack was shot," Anders answered, rising from the hard plastic chair he had been sitting in.

"Jack was shot?!" she cried, "I can't believe this! Jonah just called me; he said he couldn't find any trace of the shooter... He feels terrible about letting this happen."