Starshine Check In

The Bureau's plane was strangely quiet as it flew through the sky to Mazunda. Most of the occupants were in their bedrooms or offices, relaxing and catching up on their work. The team was still feeling on edge because of the mole problem, so some relaxation time was well deserved. Nathan and Jonah were currently piloting the plane and would alert the team once it was time to prepare for their landing.

This was why Anders was in his bedroom, lying on his bed with his laptop on his lap. He was aimlessly searching the internet and right now was watching funny videos. Hunter was sleeping on the foot of the bed while Loki was curled up in their hanging nest, taking a nap. Both were softly snoring or quietly chirping in Loki's case.

Anders was about to put his laptop away when a notification appeared in the bottom right corner. It was a pop-up notifying him that Fili was calling him on Skype. He immediately accepted the call, and the app opened in a new window, filling the screen. Fili's smiling face greeted him, and he saw the Irishman relaxing in his bed at Oberon's house.

"Hi, starlight! I hope you weren't about to go to bed?" Fili asks, worried about delaying his husband's rest.

Anders shakes his head, "no, just mindlessly surfing the internet... You're a sight for sore eyes, sunshine."

"I could say the same about you," he smiles, "how's the team?"

"We're all still worrying about the mole problem," he sighed, "we've learned that they've been with us since London and have been sending SOMBRA our flight plans and information about the team... They're trying to blame Marina, but I don't think she's SOMBRA...."

"With how intense her hatred towards Natasha is, I doubt it too," he agrees, "at least we know that puts Jonah in the clear."

"Yeah, but that still leaves everyone else," he groans, moving so his head is on a pillow, "Nathan's been keeping an eye on Michelle, and we believe she's telling the truth about betraying SOMBRA... I don't know who else has been convinced, but I think Ripley, Ingrid, and Dupont are starting to trust her!"

"I think she can be trusted," Fili states, "after all, she stole the information SOMBRA collected about me as... Hemlock."

Anders feels dread pool in his stomach, "have you looked at anything on the flash drive?"

"Oberon has been helping me slowly make my way through," he answers, his face displaying a mixture of emotions, "he previews it before letting me see it, and he only lets me see something every few days... I'm happy to know they didn't make me kill anyone...."

"So am I... But remember, Fi, Hemlock did those things; SOMBRA did those things, not you," he insisted.

He chuckled, "you sound like my therapist... And Ma... And Pa... Even James and Oberon! Hell, I could throw in Digger, Poppy, and the kids!"

He smirks, "then you know it's the truth if we're all in agreement... How are things in Australia?"

"Probably way more boring than whatever you all are doing," he quips, tightening his ponytail. Quinn promised to give him a haircut before she left, "I went to the park with Oberon and the kids yesterday it... Went better than I thought it would."

"Did Avi try to use you as a jungle gym?" Anders asks.

"Try? He succeeded!" Fili laughed, "after living with Oberon, I'm starting to see where he gets it from! I never realized how much Avi takes after Oberon until I met the guy...."

"Well, we already knew he was the opposite of Nathan," he points out.

"True," he hums, "Oberon's also given me free rein of his gardens. You should see how many people stop to admire them when they're walking by!"