Six Feet Down Under

Sydney, Australia...

"Adalet, Carmen, as you know, we received a tip from X telling us that if we wanted to see a SOMBRA test subject in action, we needed to come to Sydney," Chief Ripley recounts, "we've also learned SOMBRA's been shipping these test subjects around the world. Unfortunately, we don't know why, nor do we have the resources to track them all down."

"I'm willing to call in some favours from the G.I.A," Adalet offers, "though I've used up a few trying to find a lead on where SOMBRA could have taken Fili...."

"Did they find anything?" she inquires.

"Not yet," she sighed, "but they promised to notify the second they hear anything!"

"For now, we should focus on the leads we do have," Carmen chimes in, "SOMBRA's scheme is getting bigger, and we've got to figure out what it is before it becomes too big to stop!"

"The annual Australia Shines Gala is being held at the Sydney Opera House this evening. Some of the most influential people in the world will be there. With such a high-profile turnout, you can be certain SOMBRA and their test subjects will be watching closely," Chief Ripley states, "Adalet, you and Carmen will be attending the gala tonight to pick up any intel on SOMBRA's whereabouts."

"Guess that means we're going to have to change...." Carmen says, gazing at her regular clothes.

Adalet and Carmen headed upstairs to their respective bedrooms to change into more gala-appropriate clothing. Adalet opens her closet and pulls out a flowing red dress that ends at her ankles with a slit on the right side, reaching her mid-thigh and off-shoulder straps with a sweetheart neckline. She then puts on her gold ankle-strap heels and matching gold sunflower earrings and necklace. She heads out of the bedroom with Hunter and Dean following behind her as she meets up with Carmen, who now wears a simple blue dress, in the garage.

They all climb into a Jeep, and Adalet drives to the Sydney Opera House, where the gala is held. They parked in the designated area and walked along the boardwalk leading to the gala.

"Alright, Adalet, let's hope this doesn't take long. I don't want to be in this dress longer than I have to," Carmen says, tugging down the skirt of her dress, "we're here to keep an eye open for any possible SOMBRA action. Stay alert and-"

"Help! Help! I need help! Please!"

Adalet and Carmen turned to the source of the shouting and saw a young woman running towards them, holding her right arm, a planner and a cell phone.

"Ma'am, we're the police! Have you been hurt?" Adalet asks, trying to see how badly the woman is bleeding.

"We've been shot! My... my boss... he's dead!" she wails.

"Where is he?" Carmen asked.

"He's over there," the woman looks up the boardwalk, "near the Opera House!"

The woman quickly leads the agents to where her boss's body is, and they see the dead man in an expensive-looking tuxedo lying on the ground in front of some benches with a bullet hole in his forehead. Beside one of the benches was a black trash bag filled with garbage from around the boardwalk, and a dirty napkin dropped several feet from the body.

"Oh damn, Adalet! That's not just any dead guy... that's Rufus Murlock, the media mogul!" Carmen identifies.

"This is horrible!" the bleeding woman continues to sob, "my boss is dead!"

"Ma'am, you need medical attention. You should wait for the paramedics to clean you up while Agent Adalet and I survey the crime scene," she advises, "we'll come to talk to you shortly."