Glass Crown - Part 6 - Plance.

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

Lance was past worried. 

The ball started just over an hour ago and Katie was nowhere in sight. 

At first he assumed she was a little late on stuck on the long line of guests that were slowly being introduced and called out as they entered the ballroom. 

Lance sat on his throne, smiling and greeting every single guest while his sisters sat on their own thrones either side of him. 

His eldest sister gaze glued to each and every young lady that had arrived and glancing towards him for any form of reaction to see if he liked any of them or if one of them was the secret women he's mentioned before. 

While his youngest sister seemed unbothered and searched for a guest that'd gain her own attention and make her want to learn more over them as the ball drills on. She didn't give a second glance to her brother or seemed to mind over who stood before them in greeting. She knew her brother would introduce his special women once she arrives. 

But than Lance noticed Lotor hovering by the stairs with a broken hearted look. He got to meet both Drick and Ladnok who tried wooing him but he took not notice over them. He assumed the older sister that Honerva purposely kept back in the crowd was Narti and the elderly women was the stepmother he's heard over. 

He frowned, trying to gain Lotor attention but he wasn't taking any hints or looking at anything but the floor. So with a quick apologize he excused himself as soon as the ball formally started and sent Acxa towards Narti for the girls to enjoy the ball together while he tried looking for Lotor. 

It was impossible to freely walk around the ballroom without someone speaking out to him or trying to catch his attention in hopes to steal his heart and gain marrige. So, he escaped to the halls. He knew Katie would escape as well and he simply had to wait for her like promised. 

He didn't want to admit defeat, to give in and assume she wasn't going to show up. He held faith in her and he had dreamed over tonight so much that he wasn't sure he could face disappointment over her not turning up. 

He snuck over to one of the balconies above the ballroom. Sadly smiling at all the already formed couples dancing together and gaining their own happy memories. He waved as he saw James and Keith hide away by one of the balconies on the floor of the ballroom, neither good with crowds and enjoying their time alone in the small privacy they found. Whistling towards Shiro and Adam who were happily dancing rather close together and looking like pros as always. Giving an encouraging thumbs up as he spotted Hunk standing with Shay and clearly wanting to ask her for a dance and he soon does.

He even takes notice over Acxa leading Narti in a dance near the edge of the dance floor. Allura jumping at Lotor and leading him during the dance as well, laughing with the oldest Holt and seeming truly happy .. they both did. 

Lance felt a ping of pain in his heart once more and left for the hallway once more. 

He wanted Katie. 

He always only ever wanted her. 

And than she finally arrived.