MetaHuman Soulmates - Kidge.

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

Side Note: I've got my cousin living with me and he knows I write a little but doesn't read anything I do or anything. But he's got a friend who has been fixed on superheroes lately and well, this kinda inspired me over this theme. He mentioned something to my cousin, over how lovely some with superpowers may be, due to their powers, so would have strong powers, weak powers, useful powers or worthless powers and all would live differently with them. And he mentioned over how lonely some would be when their powers fill incomplete .... but what would happen if a person's power was split in half, had the good and bad separate but when back together they'd feel .. normal and be more powerful while in better control. Hence, Metahuman soulmates who share their power by having it half in someway or form.  

His parents weren't soulmates or a pair as most call it. Not everyone believes in the term of soulmate since it simply means this person will be link to your given power, one way or another. Sometimes one will be able to activate the power while the other can turn it off and other times they'd be complete opposites in power.

All he knew, was that his parents weren't linked by their separate powers. They held their own soulmates or pair out there. His father believed in soulmates, he believed that his soulmate would be just wanted he needed for the use of his powers but he also didn't believe in using his powers at all. He was happy to live like a normal human being, not all are gifted with a power on their fourteen birthday after all. 

But his Mom, she loved the use of her powers and she hated the idea of soulmates. She didn't believe that her soul would be halved along with her powers. She believed in the term "pair" instead. A pair was simply two people linked together by their powers and made a decent team when needed. No feelings were needed to be attached and they could carry on their lives with or without them happily. 

His father still fell in love with her. He may believed in soulmates but he also believed that not all soulmates are for romance, some are just the best friend you've always needed in life. So, he felt happy to freely love and he fell in love with her. 

That's how Keith came to be, he was their born son. 

Their only child as his mom left when he was no more then two weeks old. Seems she loved her powers just a little more than her family and thrived on the chance to use her powers daily for the government. She became a soldier for them and fought their battles instead of facing her own that waited for her to return home. 

Keith was taught to never hate his mom even though he never got the chance to meet her and bond with her fully. But his Father was desperate for him to learn to forgive her one day and to at least be nice towards her. His father stayed loving her until he died when Keith was no more than six. 

Keith prayed he wouldn't be given powers. 

Or at least weak and useless ones so that he could stay living as if he was a mere human being and not a metahuman. He wanted the simply and easy life that his father had built for himself. He didn't want the fuss of powers. 

But when had the world ever listened to him before, it only knew how to take from him and to cause nothing but hurt. So, as he turned fourteen he was sent back in time.