Chapter 44 | No way out

"The doctor said she was just having a fever. She'll be fine after the intravenous drip." Byeong Eun sighed and looked at his obedient and sensible daughter, "Se Mi, forget about you and Taehyung."

"Dad, what do you mean?" Se Mi's face turned pale.

"What happened?" Su Jin was also shocked by Byeong Eun's words.

"I saw Taehyung in Y/n's ward." Byeong Eun hesitated for a moment and could only tell the truth.

"Did he find out about your relationship with Y/n?" Su Jin was a little nervous. If Taehyung found out about the relationship between Byeong Eun and Y/n at this moment, Se Mi would not be able to get engaged to him.

"No, I just feel that... When Y/n was sick, Taehyung was by Y/n's side. This proved that Taehyung had always loved Y/n. We all know very well what happened between Se Mi and Taehyung. If Y/n could give birth back then, such a thing would not have happened. Now that Y/n had returned, Taehyung seems deeply in love with her. Se Mi, you should just give up."

"Dad!" Se Mi's big tears rolled down and she looked sad and pitiful.

"I know you like Taehyung, but he doesn't like you. He just feels guilty for you. You won't be happy in the end." Byeong Eun tried to persuade her.

"Honey, could it be that you have forgotten why Y/n divorced back then? Even if Se Mi could give up and let Y/n and Taehyung marry. Y/n would not have children. Kim Mi So would still stir up their marriage. Every generation of Kim family atleast had one child. It was impossible for their family to not have children.

Su Jin calmed herself down. What happened back then had something to do with her.

She kept saying in front of Byeong Eun that Y/n was bullied by Kim Mi So. She said that in order for Y/n's family to be harmonious and willing to sacrifice Se Mi to fulfill Y/n's happiness, only then did Byeong Eun agree to her suggestion.

Byeong Eun was silent. Y/n not having children was indeed a big problem. He knew very well what kind of person Kim Mi So was.

Y/n could not give birth and Mi So would definitely torture her. With his hesitation, Se Mi recovered and tears streamed down her face, "Dad, the entire Seoul knows about the matter between Taehyung and me. You want me to give up at this time is to force me to die. How can I have the face to continue living?"

"Nonsense! How can you die?" Su Jin shouted at Se Mi in a stern voice. Se Mi understood her mother's hint and knelt on the ground. "Dad, if no one knows about the matter between Taehyung and me, I would have definitely give up. But now, everyone knows about our matter. If you ask me to give up, I have no other choice but to die!"

Byeong Eun looked at his daughter who was crying and sighed. "I just mentioned it. Why are you so excited?"

Su Jin helped Se Mi up, "Se Mi, your father just said that. He only felt sorry for your sister's suffering. We owe your sister this. But you cannot use death to force your father. You are also his child. How could he bear to let you die?" Byeong Eun sighed heavily when he heard that. He loved his two daughters very much.

If he had not been muddleheaded and agreed to let Se Mi give birth to a child for Y/n, this matter would not have become like this.

Thinking about how Se Mi suffered, he was also very sad. Hence, he got up and entered the study room. Su Jin also helped Se Mi up the stairs. She closed the door and Su Jin let go of Se Mi. She sat on the bed and panted, "I am so angry!" Se Mi also wiped the tears on her face and fiercely said. "Father is too biased!"

"He is biased? Now he is biased but when my plan will be successful, he will not be biased anymore." Su Jin had a ferocious look on her face.

"Mom, what did you do?"