Chapter 46 | She Changed

"Honey? When did you came home?" Byeong Eun's sudden appearance gave Su Jin a big shock. Shouldn't Byeong Eun be in municipal government at this time? Why would he be at home?

Se Mi was also dumbfounded when she saw Byeong Eun. "Dad, you are back?"

"You just said that you were cheated by someone for hundreds of thousands?" Byeong Eun walked over and stared at Su Jin. He went to see Y/n again today and only then did he know that she was almost raped. Byeong Eun was so angry after knowing that. But when he  thought about what Taehyung did, he felt lucky. If Taehyung hadn't discovered something was wrong, he couldn't imagine what would have happened.

Y/n had a strong personality. If she had been raped, she would not have lived. Byeong Eun felt pain, anger, and even more sad. It was all because of him. If he did not marry Su Jin, Y/n would not have run away from home, and she would not have been kicked out of the Kim family. Byeong Eun felt extremely remorseful in his heart.

He was not in the mood to stay in the office, so he used the excuse that he was not feeling well to go home and rest. When he returned home, there was no one at home. Byeong Eun felt uncomfortable and sat in the study room blaming himself. He heard the sound of a car coming from outside, so he walked out of the study. He did not expect to unintentionally hear what Su Jin and Se Mi said.

Although Su Jin was shocked, her brain reacted fast enough, "Honey, I'm sorry!"

"Sorry for what?" Byeong Eun's voice was very cold. It was never his intention to be with Su Jin. Su Jin and Kang Chae Yeong (Y/n's mother) were friends and he treated Su Jin as a friend. He never dreamed that he would get drunk and have sex with Su Jin.

Su Jin did not pursue the matter afterwards and he also forgot about this matter. He did not expect that Su Jin would appear in his life again after more than ten years and even brought a child. Chae Yeong believed that he was cheating and she didn't forgive him until she died.

Byeong Eun did not want to get involved with Su Jin at all. His original intention was to place Su Jin and her daughter in another place but this matter was leaked by someone. That person told this matter to his leader. Fortunately, the person who knew was his old leader. Because Byeong Eun had protected that leader in the past, he suppressed this matter. He had no choice but to marry Su Jin but lost his beloved daughter because of this.

He and Su Jin had lived together for more than ten years. Su Jin was very gentle and attentive. Although she did not come from a good family background, she took care of the house well and placed him at the center of everything. Most importantly, he often saw Chae Young's shadow on Su Jin.

Because of this, he gradually had some feelings for her but did not expect to inadvertently see Su Jin's vulgar side.

This kind of Su Jin was unfamiliar and also hated by Byeong Eun. Su Jin naturally also felt Byeong Eun's disgust. She immediately explained. "Isn't it your birthday after a while? You like antiques, so I was thinking of buying you a vase. But that treacherous intermediary actually took the money and ran away."

"What did you say?" Byeong Eun raised his voice. "Honey, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to." Su Jin lowered her head and looked pitiful.

"Dad, Mom did not do it on purpose. She just wanted to give you a surprise." Se Mi tried to smooth things over in time.

Byeong Eun stared at Su Jin for a long time. He walked to the sofa and sat down. "Things have been going bad recently."

"What happened?" Su Jin asked.

"Y/n almost got into trouble too. Luckily Taehyung found something wrong. Otherwise, it would be terrible." Byeong Eun sighed and told her about Y/n almost getting raped.