Chapter 78 | Marriage Proposal

[Double update]
Read Chapter 77 before reading this.

Taehyung could not hold the engagement ceremony due to his detention. Se Mi was the most furious one. The engagement ceremony had been ruined by a race car. No one would be happy about it. Especially after she received calls from a few people who claimed to be her best friends, her anger erupted like a volcano.

She was so angry that she started throwing things in her room. She stopped when her mother pushed open the door and scolded loudly to stop her crazy behavior, "Mom, why am I so unlucky? Why such things happen to me?"

"Se Mi, calm down!"

"How can I calm down? I have waited for him for so many years. I have loved him for so many years but I can only watch him marry another woman. I finally managed to live through these few years and get pregnant with his child. But God didn't give me a chance, but now I finally let him agree to the engagement. But at the last moment, there was an accident. Why is that? What did I do wrong?"

Se Mi stared at Su Jin with her blood-red eyes. She had loved Taehyung for so many years and her heart had always been on him. But he didn't see even a little bit of her love and married Y/n.

In order to get Taehyung, she tried to curry favor with Mi So everywhere. She even tried everything she could with her mother to prevent Y/n from getting pregnant.

In the end, she persuaded Mi So to finally get Taehyung's sperm and successfully got pregnant. It was the time when she was extremely happy, but during the examination, there were signs of a premature abortion. The doctor said that the child might not be able to keep.

Because of this reason, she and her mother tried to frame Y/n and directed a good show of Y/n pushing her to abort.

After Y/n was kicked out of the house, she thought that Taehyung would be together with her because of guilt, but this wait lasted for three years. Now, she finally managed to convince Taehyung to get engaged to her with great difficulty, but something happened at the last moment.

The order to arrest him was given by her father, and now all she could do was cry.

Su Jin called her at the first moment and scolded her. She felt terrible and could only explain carefully. But she was not willing to accept it. The more she thought about it, the angrier she became. It should not be like this. Why did it become like this?

"Will Taehyung come back to you when you cry here?" Su Jin stared at her daughter. "You are so useless. You don't even know what to do when something happens. You only know how to cry. What do you have to feel wronged about? Compared to you, I feel wronged!"

Seeing her mother getting angry, Se Mi did not say anything.

Su Jin said fiercely, "Why is a simple racing accident magnified endlessly like this? Have you thought about it?"

"Didn't dad ordered to arrest him?"

"Idiot! Is this your dad's fault?" Su Jin poked her daughter's head. "Why don't you think about it? With Taehyung's financial ability, how can he tolerate such bad news?"

"What do you mean? You mean Taehyung deliberately let the media report this?"

"He didn't do it on purpose? Let me tell you, Taehyung's public relations team can easily suppress this negative news, but why didn't he suppress it?"

"Why is he doing this?" Se Mi was stunned. "He doesn't want to be engaged to you at all. That's why he wants the news to spread and your dad to punish him. That's the only way he can stay out of this and push the blame to us."