𝟑𝟎

CW; Underage drinking.

The wind sounded like ghosts whistling. Colorful leaves were scattered all throughout the courtyard, falling from the trees every second of the day. The moon was full, but most importantly, music boomed loudly from the common room.

Which only meant one thing.

The annual Slytherin Halloween party.

We went to the feast, of course, but our fun didn't end just then. Firewhiskey and butterbeer was smuggled from the cupboards. After all these years, you'd think Snape would catch on to this tradition, and he probably did. He's just too tired to care.

"How do I look?" Daphne spun around in a long, dark blue dress. Her hair was put into a bun and she wore a silver necklace around her neck.

"Stunning, as per usual," I said, clipping on some golden hoop earrings.

"You could use more eyeliner," said Pansy while she was doing some eyeliner of her own. It was going onto much more than just her eyelid, though.

"That's enough for tonight." Astoria snatched the eyeliner from her hand. "You look lovely, Daph."

"You think Theo would like it?"

"Why?" I asked, looking at her with mock confusion. "Are you planning something?"

Daphne swallowed. "That's none of your business." But she failed to hide her smile.

"Use an anti-baby serum, or I'm telling Mum!" Astoria said as we walked out the door.

"Anti-baby serum? What the hell is that?"

"I don't know... but it probably exits somewhere."

-

Firewhiskey had a pungent taste that I usually wasn't fond of, but the music booming in my ears somehow made me feel radiant while gulping down all of the contents in my cup.

"Do my eyes deceive me, or is Alicia Shallow enjoying a party?" Daphne grabbed the cup from my hands. "I'll take that."

"Oh Daph! Isn't this just so much fun?" I took her hand and spun around the table.

"Looks like someone had a bit too much to drink."

I crossed my arms in mock offense. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Ah, if only Potter could see you now."

My eyes suddenly lit up and the alcohol in my system got the best of me. Daphne seemed to be able to read my mind because her expression was of pure dissent. "No, Alicia, you won't go up to Gryffindor tower. I won't let you."

"Please-"

"Are you mad? If they find a Slytherin in the amount of vulnerability you're in, Merlin knows what could happen to you!"

"I don't have to go alone."

She dragged me back to the stairwell. "I think it's best if you go back upstairs and have some rest. I'll check up on you in two minutes."

I tilted my head and frowned. "Fine."

-

Sneaking out of the common room was much too easy. Everyone was too busy either snogging, or jumping around and screaming. I knew I had two minutes before Daphne would come running after me, so why not make the best of it?

The only problem was the Gryffindor portrait, The Fat Lady. She has shown her resentment towards Slytherins many times in the past. But, my befuddled mind was already working ahead.

"You have some nerve waking me up at this hour of the night." The Fat Lady glared down at me, shaking her head.

"I honestly don't know why you get to sleep, how will your students get in if you're snoring like a baby?"

"Well, for one, students aren't usually walking in tipsy, past curfew."

"Hmm." I looked up at the sky and tapped my chin. "Touché."

"Leave now, or I'll have to call the Head of House."

"I'd like to see you try-"

"Shallow?" Someone called my name from the end of the hall.

I swerved my head around to see Harry standing there. He wore a white button down shirt with the sleeves folded up. "Oh, I was looking for you!"

He walked closer, but his eyes didn't meet mine. Instead he was studying my dress, the beadwork, maybe even-

"Ehem." The Fat Lady called out. "Mister Potter, why are you out so late past curfew?"

Harry composed himself and looked up. "Er- Dumbledore needed to see me--yes--it was a very important matter." He glanced back at me. "And I'll take Miss Shallow, here, back to the dungeons."

Before The Fat Lady could protest, Harry grabbed onto my arm and pulled me into an empty corridor. "What are you doing here?" His words came out in hushed whisper.

I giggled and mocked his tone. "I should be asking you the same question." I put both of my hands around his his neck and rested my head on his chest.

He held onto my wrist. "Are- are you- you smell like-"

"Firewhiskey?" The word came out in a slur and I laughed again. "I had a few drinks."

The rhythm of his breathing was so calming, I felt as though I could fall asleep. My mind was clouded and foggy. His hands were gentle when lifting up my chin. "You need to go back."

"Why are you out here?" I asked, ignoring his statement. "I said I came here to look for you, but why are you here?"

He sucked in a breath. "That's better to explain when you're er- sober."

"Stay with me, please." My fingers ran through his hair. "Kiss me, Harry."

He was clearly taken aback by the mention of his name; I didn't need to be sober to understand that. He pushed my arms away, but still held onto my hands. "You need to go back." He repeated.

I frowned. "Are you afraid people will find out about us? You're pushing me away?"

"No, no I-"

"I'll tell you what, I don't want us to be a secret. I have never been this happy in my life! All these years I've waited and waited...waited-" A rush of dizziness passed through me and I fell right back onto his chest. "You smell nice."

"You're not in the right headspace." He kept his hands protectively around my torso. "I'll help you back-"

But his words flourished into blurry nothingness as I drowsed off.