𝟕𝟑

CW; mature content.
this chapter plan has been living rent free in my head for two whole years.
-

We haven't been speaking much. If we did, it would turn into petty little arguments. It was awkward, considering how we had to share a bed. But, somehow we would find a way to wake up, and be intertwined in each others arms anyway.

Luna was good company, until she had to go back to Hogwarts. Hermione and Ron would speak to me occasionally, mostly about everything that's happened at the school; I didn't know anymore. Bill and Fleur were kind, but they didn't seem to have a clue about anything. Without my sketchbook, I was left to find peace within myself.

Harry gazed out at the window a lot. I didn't understand why until one day, I noticed a large rock sticking out of the sand in the beach. 'Here lies Dobby, A Free Elf.'

"He was special to you." I crept up behind him.

Harry's hands rested against the window sill. He glanced at me and then looked back. "He's been loads of help."

I put a hand on his back, urging him to continue.

"I freed him, in second year."

"You freed him?"

He nodded. "With a sock."

I smiled, then sucking in a breath. "He died for a good cause."

Harry didn't say anything. I watched as his expression shifted from relaxed to confused. He looked down and shakily placed a hand on his stomach. His face got all scrunched up.

"What? What's happened?"

He removed his hand, and his shirt was soaked with blood.

"Shit- Harry, what happened?"

He shook his head, grabbing the table behind us. "I- I dunno..."

I took his arm and sat him down on a chair, lifting up his shirt. He had a scar starting from his ribs down to his stomach. It didn't look very fresh, but it was quite red.

He pulled his shirt entirely off. "It must've re-opened."

"From what?"

He stared at me, conflicted.

"From what, Harry?!"

His lips parted, but he didn't say anything.

"Oh, bloody Merlin..."
-

"Sit still!"

"Sorry..."

I sat across from him, dabbing at the wound with a wet cloth. I brought some herbs and Hermione had some leftover Dittany in her pouch. Harry had his hands on my waist, supporting himself.

"I'm really tired of this, you know?" I said. "It's like you don't think I can help you."

"You're being very helpful."

I rolled my eyes. "You know what I mean."

He leaned in closer. "You helped the students learn how to fight. You could've gone back with Luna."

Is he serious?

"Hogwarts isn't safe for me," I said, blandly.

"Why not?" He whispered.

I pressed my lips into a line and put my hands on his shoulders. "Move back, I can't rea-"

He just pulled me in closer to him. His lips were hovering close to mine and I sighed. "Harry..."

"I don't like arguing with you." He reached up to my face and pushed my hair back. He kissed my jaw.

"No- I'm mad at you-"