𝟔𝟏

Harry POV;

"I don't understand. What part of this isn't living up to your expectations? Did you think we'd be staying at five-star hotels? Finding a Horcrux every other day? Did you think you'd be back with Mummy by Christmas?"

"No, I reckoned after all this time, we'd have achieved something. I thought you knew what you were doing! I thought Dumbledore had told you something worth while! I reckoned you had a plan!"

"I've told you everything Dumbledore told me! In case you haven't noticed, we've found a Horcrux!"

"Well, maybe if you weren't so caught up with your bloody emotions, we'd find the rest!" Ron spat, leaving Harry transfixed.

Hermione winced. "Ron, please, take it off. You wouldn't be talking like this if you hadn't been wearing it all day..."

"You said it too!" Shouted Ron. "You said you were disappointed..."

"I didn't I-"

"You know why I listen to that radio every night? To make sure I don't hear Ginny's name, or Fred, or George, or Mum-"

"You think I'm listening too?!" Harry shouts. "You think I don't know how it feels-"

"No, you don't know how it feels! Your parents are dead! You have no family!"

How could he think that? How could he think there was no one to care about? Ironically the last person to talk about his family in that way was the person he cared for the most.

Harry would kill him if he didn't have any decency. And he almost did.

"Stop! Stop!" Hermione screamed.

Ron stumbled back. He striped the locket off his neck before chucking it on the ground and whipping the tent flap away.
-

I played with the chain of the locket in the mid afternoon. It was so adequately designed, you could hardly tell it was plastic. The Latin book laid on top of a newer copy of the Daily Prophet. The news has gone mostly back to normal, apparently nothing else was found after that one Ministry sighting.

I told myself that was a good thing. Harry did not want to be found. If his face does show up on the news, it would be because of his murder.

And why should I care anyway?

Because it's the only thing to care about.

I've got my own ways to help. I don't need Harry vouching for my innocence.

Daphne entered our dorm room to pick up some papers. I quickly hid the locket, and she didn't acknowledge me at all.

I sat up in my bed. "Er... thanks for that. With Carrow, the other day." I hadn't spoken to her in four months.

She stared at me. Her expression was unreadable. She started to walk back to the door, ignoring me.

It wasn't spiteful, or a scowl, but it hurt all the same.
-

It was only a matter of time until I realized that the only people willing to speak to me were the Gryffindors waiting in their common room during my rounds. It was ironic, really, how I was trying to help them but decided to keep my Latin lessons a secret.

Neville held a copy of the Quibbler out in front of the table.

I was quick to grab it from him and scan the page. Not because I cared- or anything. Purely to have a bit of true insight of what is going on in the outside world.

'Potterwatch Podcast!'

I put the paper down, unamused. "Well?"

Seamus snatched it from my hands. "What's this rubbish?"

"It's not rubbish!" Neville exclaimed. "It's a podcast. We can figure out where Harry's at!"

Ginny snorted. "Yeah, because my two dingbat brothers know exactly where he's at."

"We need to train ourselves on self defense." I ran my fingers through my hair. "By the time we find him, Dumbledores painting will outlive himself."

"Shallows right," said Seamus. "For the first time." Dean elbowed him.

"Oo!" Luna raised her arm. "We should bring back Dumbledores Army!"

"That's brilliant, Luna!" Ginny agreed.

Neville shuffled around. "That would be a lot to manage. Maybe we should just listen to the podcast for a couple days? Think about it more?"

Dean shrugged. "I did learn a lot the first time."

"That's because Harry was the the teacher!" Seamus yawned. "You lot figure this out, I'm going to bed." He started towards the dorms.

"Mate, wait up!" Dean followed after him.

Neville and Ginny looked at me, waiting for my input.

"I dunno, Neville. Honestly, I'm willing to help out with Dumbledore's Army. Doesn't hurt trying."

He gave me a sideways smile and nodded.

I enjoyed spending time with the Gryffindors, and Luna. It didn't matter how long we've spoke to each other, they're welcoming and friendly.

"Goodnight, Alicia," Ginny called.

And they don't hold grudges.