Chapter Two: The Boiling Isles and Green Hair?

"Hello " = Sign Language
"Hello" = Regular Speech
'Hello' = Thoughts

L
U P
Z O
    V

*Thunk*...*Thunk Thunk*...*Clunk*

"Luz you are focusing too much on my hands! Keep to your surroundings and look for an opening!!!"

I growl at my annoying older sister as we did our early morning training routine in the backyard of the Owl House. The sun here hasn't even risen yet but we always made sure that we trained in any sort of lighting be it during the day or even doing all-nighters so that we could be accustomed to fighting in dimly lit dark areas like in the Tunnels or jobs.

We've already been sparing for about an hour and barely even broken a sweat as I held my heavy wooden twin training swords in my calloused hands while Lucia was wearing thick wooden training gloves over her hands. We both looked at each with such concentration that the world around us seemed to be at a standstill.

"Okay, ready to go again?" My sister asks, getting her signature sambo pose as I got into mine.

I gave her a confident smirk and held my swords tightly," Bring it on!! "

Lucia gave me a playfully smirk but then changed into a serious glare, her glowing crimson eyes firmly locked onto me. I could feel the cold morning wind against my skin as I felt the familiar tingle of my eyes shifting from their once reddish-brown to the matching crimson of my sister. 

After what felt like an eternity, I shift my foot, and our sparring match resumed. 

Lucia immediately kicked her feet off the ground and charged at me at full speed, her fists ready to strike me but I dodge it quickly and twisted my body around, sent her back a few feet with a back kick to her stomach, and went on the offensive.

I sent strike after strike at her with no hesitation as she block every single blow of her wooden guards. I was trying to find an opening but because of my overthinking, Lucia found one first and sent a strong punch to my stomach, knocking the wind out of me and then sending me flying to the side thank to a side whip kick. I spun my body around and used my hands to backflip and land back on my feet.

We both kept exchanging blow after blow to the point that our bodies were slowly being covered in bruises, faint flash marks, and dirt covering our sweaty bodies. By this point and time, we discarded our annoying sweaty tank top since it was getting uncomfortable for us to keep sparing in our drenched shirts. The sun was already slowly rising up to greet the realm and we were already panting hard from our training session.

Both Lucia and I were about to charge at each other once more when we felt the ground around us tremble underneath us. 

Our eyes quickly shift back to their normal color when we saw Hooty burst from the ground and looked between us happily.

"HOOT HOOT!!!! Good morning you two!!! What are doing??? It looks fun hoot!!!!" He says excitedly and his eyes widen with stars in them," Woaaahhhh!!! What's that on your bodies?!?!?"

I literally had no idea what to do in this situation as Hooty came over to me and inspected my heavy wooden training and my Chinese dragon tattoo and then did the same thing with Lucia, though I was laughing silently at her as she was restraining herself in not killing him.

Moments like these I am so happy that I'm deaf and only able to read people's lips because I could tell from my sister's facial reactions that Hooty has an annoying voice. Her nose was scrunched up and her left eye was twitching, the facial expression I knew meant she was annoyed and slowly turning to rage, but before she would knock Hooty's lights out. I felt a slight shift towards the house.