Dragons Vs. Owl Beast and The Mystery of the Tattoos Part 3

"Hello" - Normal Speech
"Hello" - Sign Language
'Hello' - Thoughts
"Hello" - Luz's Deaf Accent

3rd P.O.V

"Hey, Lucia?" 

Lucia hums softly in acknowledgment as she feels her little brother grip her tank top," How are you two not scared of the possibility of the Snaggleback being in the house? O-Or about anything here in the Isles?"

Both the Drakes and King were climbing up the stairs as quietly as King finally asked the question that had been plaguing his mind ever since he saw Lucia and Luz take down the Havenstar sisters without hesitation.

Lucia took a moment to think of a proper answer for the small eight-year-old toddler in her arms.

"Because...we've seen and lived through some things that would break people, little buddy. Things that keep us up at night and sometimes make it hard for us to get out of bed or even take ourselves." She readjusted King in her arms and gave him a sad smile," But I'll let you in a special secret, a sibling secret, me and Luz are scared but have the mighty King of Demons here to protect."

She boops his nose softly and chuckles a bit when King whines and rubs his nose in annoyance, but she can tell that her words had calmed him down. 

Calming down scared and frightened children was something she wasn't new to as Luz had consistent night terrors, sensory overloads, and very violent tantrums from anything that broke from her routine or something new that she couldn't understand. The tantrums don't come up as much as they did when they were younger but Lucia always had to be on the lookout for the signs of an upcoming tantrum or else something or someone is going to die.

Just as King was about to ask another question, Luz stopped abruptly and put her finger up against her lips, the universal sign for her siblings to stay quiet as she gently placed her hand onto the walls.

"Whatever is in here with us," She signed as she slipped the night-vision goggles onto her eyes, "It's not in the hallway but in the room, two doors down passed the bathroom."

King's eyes widened in fear," T-That's mom's room!"

Lucia slipped on her goggles and nodded toward her sister as they made a dash toward their guardian's room. King clung onto Lucia in a death grip as he had never experienced moving at speed before, not even flying on Owlbert could even top the speed that both sisters were going.

As the three siblings made it to the door, the sound of something rummaging around and clawing along the walls became more apparent, but the moment the three of them came in front of the door. 

Everything on the other side went silent...

"From what I can feel, " Luz started as she places her hand on the doorknob, "The beast is waiting somewhere in the room where I can directly pinpoint... Get ready and please King, stay with Lucia."

King nods softly and clings onto Lucia tightly as both watch Luz open the door.

But at that moment, Lucia, Luz, and King finally found out the reason why Eda was called the Owl Lady...

L
U P
Z O
    Z

The air shifted the moment I opened the door and judging from my sister's stiff posture, she heard the beast.

I looked around the room, trying to see if I can pick up anything with my night vision goggles, but it was nearly impossible to see anything in this messy ass room. You could tell just by walking into the room that this was the master bedroom as you could see the huge circle glass stain window that overlooks the front yard, numerous piles of magic books, papers, potion ingredients, and those weird glass bottles that I've seen Eda take every single day.