Chapter Nineteen: A Gromtasical Night

"Hello" - Normal Speech
"Hello" - Sign Language
'Hello' - Thoughts
"Hello" - Luz's Deaf Accent 

~{A Few Days Later: Hexside School Of Magic and Demonics}~

L
U P
Z O
    V

"Okay hear me out sis," I signed to Lucia as we both looked at the once normal-looking school being transformed before our very eyes with all sorts of balloons, streamers, and what looked like fancy banners," It may sound kinda nuts, but I think there's an event today? "

"Nah shit Sherlock," Lucia retorts while flicking my forehead which made me yelp, and Amatus, who was happily snuggled up in my hood, laughed at our interaction," But the real question is, what the fuck is going on? I mean class kept getting interrupted, the students were being all giggly and talking to their friends about tonight, and don't remind me of the handful of times I caught some of them making out even more in the hallways."

I shrugged and turned my attention back to my locker, opening it the way Amity showed me, and was about to put away my books for the day when I felt something roll past us at high speed. If it not for my sister pulling me out of the way at the right moment, I would've been run over. Lucia looked ready to chew out the group of people when we saw the weirdest proposal ever.

Both our jaws dropped at this bat kid asking out the best student of the bard track, Skara, a lovely girl who helps me sometimes in bard class, with an actual beating heart. I mean it's not my first time seeing a live beating heart, mind you, but it was strange how they used it to ask out someone. This straight-up reminds me of some fucked up prom proposal from hell. 

I was looking at the strange person, not aware of my surroundings, when I felt someone gently tap on my shoulder. Blinking for a moment and tearing my eyes away from the two happy teens, I felt a massive smile form on my face when I saw that it was Amity, who was hugging a small stack of books against her chest and got on her tippy-toes to give me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Hey, mi amor! How was class? 

"I was the usual," She giggles happily and blushes from the one of many pet names I have for her," Though we kept getting interrupted from all the grom proposals this morning."

"Grom," Lucia asked with a confused tilt of her head. By now she had finished putting away our stuff and was toned into the conversation.

"Right! I forgot that this is your first time year here," Amity exclaims," Once a year, Principal Bump selects someone as Grom Monarch to fight off Grometheus the Fear Bringer and as a way to keep morale up. He commemorates it with a massive party."

'So it is Prom from Hell,' I thought with a small nod,' Though I can't say much since Lucia and I only ever had the ball and galas we were forced to go to in the Tunnels  along with the really bad movies about prom we've seen on our rare days off as our experience in these types of event.'

I let out a small sigh, beginning to sense that this whole thing was just a big pain and wanting even more to go back home to work on the new upgrades to our weapons when I saw Lucia motioning to me that the school's intercom was on. I laser-focused on her hands as she started to sign what Bump was announcing.

"Good Afternoon Hexside! The moment you all have been waiting for, this year's Grom Monarch!!! " 

Lucia's hand stopped moving for a moment and I could tell from how her shoulders tensed up a bit that something was slightly wrong. I looked around the crowded hallway and my eyes widened slightly at how all the students, excited and smiling only a few seconds ago, were now tense and slightly scared as they looked at the intercom.