A Day at the Library Goes Horribly Wrong Part Two

"Hello" - Normal Speech
"Hello" - Sign Language
"Hello" - Luz's Death Accent
'Hello' - Thoughts

L
U  P
Z  O
     V

"Sooo how long have you been reading to kids?" I ask Amity as Lucia, King, and I help her clean the kid's corner after all the little witchling left with their parents.

Amity gave me a small mischievous smile, "I've been working here for a year. I started when I graduated from the kiddy course at Hexside to the advanced classes."

"Cool!!! " I grin happily at her and went back to cleaning till I quickly snapped my head back to her, "YOU UNDERSTOOD ME!?!?!"

I look at her in pure awe as she giggles at the face I'm making. She finishes picking up the toys and walks over to me with a shy smile as she helps me put the books in the right place," Gus has been giving me daily sign language lessons and practice during lunchtime at school. I-I wanted to be able to understand you but mind you that I'm still learning so if I don't understand a certain phrase, please tell me."

I nod my head rapidly, "I promise!! But um... "

Amity tilts her head softly as I fiddle with my jacket sleeve, "What's wrong Luz?"

"Are Willow and Gus still scared of me? "

Amity gently places the books she was holding down on one of the kid tables and gently rubs my arm," It's difficult to truly see if they are or not because they don't know you as well as I do. I know that on the day of the convention, you were upset about your routine being broken and it didn't help when the Havenstars appeared and physically harassed me and Ame."

She gently places her hand on my cheek and hum happily at how soft her hands were. I nuzzle against her hand which rewarded me with Amity giving me a tender smile," Nothing was your fault that day because I'm still here and one day Willow and Gus will see that too. So no more worrying about it."

I nod softly and watch as she turns around to go back to putting the books away. Not wanting to be away from her, I lean in closer to her, giving her the biggest hug ever from behind, and refused to let her go as I loved how warm she was and how she smelled like lilacs and cotton candy.

Amity laughs at how silly I was being," Luz I still have work to do and I have to show you two where to find the books you wanted to check out."

I shake my head and tighten my hold on her, "Nu my Ami!"

Amity turned to my sister for help but Lucia just laughs and shakes her head," Sorry Amity can't help there. Luz loves soft things and judging by how she's not letting you go, she loves holding you."

I nod proudly, "Ami is ery soft and smells like ilacs and cotton candy! My Ami!!"

Lucia laughs harder and my words that she knows are one hundred percent true. Amity must've been really happy with my words since her whole face turned cherry tomato red and I got the witness the cutest thing ever!!

Her ears flap!!!

I gasped in awe,"Fwip fwip!! Ucia!!! Fwip fwip!!!"

"You go fwip fwip!" Amity glares at me which just made me hold her even closer to me as she looks like a cute grumpy little kitty cat. 

Just as Amity was going to say something else, I felt two pairs of feet coming this way, a male and a female. My entire body stiffens up and I gently cling onto Amity just in case these people were not the friendly type. My siblings saw my change immediately and King climbs up onto Lucia's shoulder just in case we had to make a run for it.