Chapter Nine: Dragons Vs. Owl Beast and the Mystery of the Tattoos

"Hello"- Normal Speech
"Hello"- Sign Language
'Hello' - Thoughts
"Hello"- Luz's Deaf Accent

{Two Weeks Later: The Owl House }

L
U P
Z O
    V

"Oh wow!!! Mom look at me don't I look intimidating!!!!" King cheered happily as I had just put the final touches on his new general cap as he proudly held up the new wooden sword that Lucia carved for him after coming home.

Eda let out an impressed whistle as she inspected my embroidery skills and handwork on the blood-red cloth that was now a toddler-size armor cape that was neatly tucked under his collar. 

The way I designed the cape was that it was cut up and torn at the ends to look as if he had been in many battles with black accents along the edges which helped with hiding the fact that on the other side was a super soft but breathable black microfiber cloth that I was able to find in Eda's junk pile. 

Lucia helped me clean the fabric with a soap she made from Esi flower petals, a flower that is found around the coastline of the beaches nearby and is famous for its ocean breeze scent with a kit, Punkonut oil, similar to the coconuts in the human realm but the tree uses it nuts like boxing gloves and will try to punch you if you come near it, Ava Leaf oil that Eda had laying around, Lye, essential oils, and distilled water. My sister asked Eda in detail if King had any allergies to any of the ingredients that she was using and when she got the confirmation that King wasn't allergic to anything, she quickly made the soap and extra.

Eda was surprised at how simple the process of making soap was and also Lucia's knowledge of chemistry, which here is the chemistry branch of magic, and how wonderful the soap smelled. Turns out the soap that was sold here was made by the potion coven but it was of really poor quality. Lucia explained they used the same recipe that ancient Mesopotamians with fatty acids, like blood from slaughtered beasts, water, an alkaline solution, and some kind of wood ash. Lucia immediately throughout all the bathing and dish soap out of the house and replaced them with the soap she made and some human dish soap that she had nana said over. Eda saw the soaps as a new money-making opportunity and asked Lucia if she could sell some of the extras the next day at the market which my sister happily agrees.

The look on Eda's face when she came back home after her usual day at the market with a massive bag of snails from selling Lucia's homemade soaps was the funniest thing ever.'

Anyway, the reason I added the microfiber fabric for the inside of the cape was that I knew that King wasn't going to take off his new accessory anytime soon so whenever he passes out from playing too much or has his daily naps. The cape can act like a nice blanket for him and it won't be too hot either. But the thing he loved the most about his cape were the two dragons, one with purple scales and the other with red scales, that were circling around a massive grey owl with its wings wide open. 

His one request on the cape was that he wanted something that represented everyone on the cape.

"Wow kiddo," Eda said as she looks over my embroidery skill," This is some really impressive needlework and I love how you made the owl very intimidating. How did you learn this and does Lucia know how to do this too?"

I gave her a so-so motion with my hands," Lucia can sew only medically, but she does more knitting than needlework. I mean she is the one who makes my comfy winter sweaters, gloves, and scarves since most stuff that is sold on the market back in the human realm makes my skin super agitated."

I pull out my smartphone and go through my photo gallery till I found the picture I was looking for. 

It was a picture of me, Lucia, and nana on Christmas a few years back as you could see that I was a lot smaller back then. That year the girls were visiting their families so the three of us celebrated at Aphrodite's Palace on the family floor. I zoomed in on the picture till it was just me and Lucia on the screen where you could see the Azura-themed hand-knitted sweaters I was wearing and the Dragon Claw Z Lucia made for herself.