You wasnt there for me (Part 2) (2022)

After spending the bank holiday weekend with her family, Charlie was now off home to see Stephen. Both of them had spent is with families and it was nice, Charlie sometimes still couldn't believe she was living with her boyfriend and not her family. To be honest she never thought she would move out. Covid may have been massive pain for everyone but she did get something so lovely out of it. She now had a boyfriend who actually loved her and treasured her and wasn't just with her because of her dad and didn't abuse her. She loved Stephen with all her heart and now couldn't imagine live without him. She arrived home and stuck her key in the door. Stephen wasn't back yet so she ventured into the kitchen to make something to eat. She searched the fridge and decided to make a sandwich.

She was just about to bite into it when the door slammed shut. She heard Stephen call hi. He then appeared in the kitchen and smiled when he saw her.

Stephen" Hey"

Charlie" Hey, good weekend?"

Stephen" Yeah, it was nice to see the family, we just chilled out and chatted about many things, one of them you"

Charlie" Awww, hows your mum and dad, are they okay?"

Stephen" They are yeah, very good, how's Dec and Ali and the little ones"

Charlie" Yeah, dad is good and Ali and the little ones are still adorable as ever, you can see how tired dad and Ali are, I remember when Isla was born they were up for ages just trying to get her to sleep. I know dad reads his and Ant's book Propa happy to her when she goes to bed.

Stephen" Awww, that I cute"

Charlie" I know, I read to her some nights"

Stephen" Awwwww, I remember when Dec, Ant and me used to read Winnie the Pooh to you and night, do you remember the huge stack we had, every night you had to have that"

Charlie" Oh yeah, I remember that, awww, good times, so your family are all good"

Stephen" Yeah, I took my mum and dad to dinner one night and lunch one afternoon and they both didn't want me to pay, I said if their own son couldn't treat them who could"

Charlie" That is true, I love spoiling Dad and Mam, oh yeah guess who turned up yesterday"

Stephen" Who?"

Charlie" My birth mother"

Stephen" Nooooo"

Charlie" Yeah, she said it was because I was nearly thirty and she wanted to try again"

Stephen" What about all the other special birthdays"

Charlie" I know, I said that, what happened to all the other birthdays, all the moments in my life I needed her"

Stephen" It was good you had many other mothers to look after you"

Charlie" Yeah, I asked Ali yesterday if I could call her mam and she said yes"

Stephen" Awww, Charlie, she deserves that title"

Charlie" I never really thought about it before, I cried yesterday"

Charlie then bursts into tears and Stephen pulled her close.

Stephen" Hey come here, come here"

Charlie pushes herself into Stephen's chest and he kissed her forehead.

Stephen"It's okay, I got you"

Charlie" I just don't want to see her, I have nothing to say to her"

Stephen" That's okay, you don't have to see her, it's your life and you do what you want, come on let's go sit down"

They go sit down in the living room and Stephen pulls a blanket from behind the sofa and tried pulls Charlie into his arms.

Stephen" Shhh, it's okay"

Charlie" I just hate that she has come back now I don't need her anymore"

Stephen"I know, just let it out, it's okay"

Charlie" I always thought I wanted to see her again but after a while it just got harder and I just gave up"

Stephen" Oh Charlie, I'm sorry"

Charlie" Ali is my mam, no one else"

Stephen" Of course"

The rest of the afternoon was spent cuddling and Stephen just consoling Charlie before ordering pizza for dinner and lots of chocolate for dessert.

Authors Notes
This is the second part of yesterdays chapter. I hope you enjoyed. Let me know. I love writing Stephen and Charlie cute moments.

Vote/Comment/Follow

Thanks
TheDonnellyDaughter X