Mothers Day (1)

Charlie looked at the calendar, it was Mothers Day this Sunday and she knew she had to do something special and since Jack was too young to understand she knew she only had Isla. She turned up on Friday at her family home and her dad opened the door.

Dec" Hey there is one of my favourite daughters"

Charlie" Hey dad"

She hugs him.

Charlie" Where is Ali?"

Dec" She is out with her girlfriends, I don't think she will be back to 6pm"

Charlie" Well we better get cracking then before she gets back"

Dec" Right let's do it"

Then a whirlwind runs down the stairs.

Isla" Charlieeeeeeeee!"

Charlie picks her up in her arms.

Charlie" Hey my Isla bear how are you?"

Isla" Daddy said we was making cake"

Charlie" Daddy is right, we are going to bake a cake for mummy what do you think?"

Isla" Mummy loves cake, she eats a lot of it"

Both Dec and Charlie chuckle.

Charlie" Well shall we make mummy the best cake ever"

Isla" YEAH!"

Charlie" Come on then"

While Dec did all the measuring as Charlie wasn't good at that, Isla sat on the side and kept sticking her finger in the bowl.

Charlie" Hey, some of this has to go in the cake Isla"

Isla" It good though"

Dec" Do you remember when you used to do that, I'm surprised there was always mixture left"

Charlie" Isla is right though the mixture always tastes nicer than the cake"

Isla who is giggling now has mixture all over her hands and face.

Dec" Look at you, all messy"

Isla" Daddy mummy like this cake won't she"

Dec" She will if there is any left to make it come on, come here"

Dec lifts Isla off the counter and she pushes her chubby mixture covered hands on his face. Charlie turns around and wipes her hands on his cheek. Dec now with two mixture covered cheeks smiles.

Charlie" Love you dad"

Isla" Daddy, love you"

Dec" I love you both!"

-Twitter-
@antanddec
Baking with my two girls today, already covered in cake mixture! #Cakemaking #Girldad #baking DX

olivialmround
This is so adorable!!!

@adeleparsons
Awwwww my heart!

westhamunited11
The Donnelly Family is my favourite family!

@CharlieDonnelly
Baking with dad and baby sis! @antanddec X

@CharlieDonnelly
Happy St Patrick's Day. Proud Irish Heritage right here. X

Once they had managed to get the cake mixture in the oven without Isla eating anymore of it they just had to wait now

Once they had managed to get the cake mixture in the oven without Isla eating anymore of it they just had to wait now. Isla of course was quite impatient.

Isla" Daddy, when will it be ready"

Dec" Not yet darling and anyway it's for mummy on Sunday isn't it"

Isla" Yeah"

Charlie" Dad?"

Dec" Yes Charlie"

Charlie" I need to tell you there is a reason I am baking a cake and it's not just for mothers day"

Dec" Oh right"

Charlie" It's just after what happened on Takeaway last week I just wanted to do the same"

Dec" What is it?"

Charlie" I want Ali to adopt me just so she is officially my mum"

Dec" Oh Charlie"

Charlie" I just want to her to know how much more of a mum she was to be than Claire"

Dec" I'm sure she will say yes, she loves you Charlie"

Charlie" I love her and I have one more secret but you will have to wait and see"

Dec" Oooo, I am intrigued"

Charlie" I want this to be the best mothers day ever"

Dec" If anyone can do it's you, I'm always so proud of you"

Charlie" Thanks Dad"

Both hug.

An hour later the cake is ready and Isla was all excited though Dec and Charlie had to keep reminding her that they were for Sunday.

Isla" Please daddy"

Dec smiles at Charlie. She remembered when she was little and she was just like Isla. Dec picks Isla up.

Dec" Tell you what, why don't I get you some biscuits instead"

Isla" Oh, I want cake"

Dec" Come on, chocolate biscuits"

He then tickles Isla who giggles.

Isla" Daddy!"

Authors Notes
Okay so it is Mothers Day on Sunday. I hope everyone has a great Mothers Day tomorrow. I have a second part coming for this and another surprise so stay tuned!

Vote/Comment/Follow
Thanks
TheDonnellyDaughter X