Max Magic Launch (2022)

Today was the day, Stephen book was coming out and his girlfriend was so proud of him. He was stood in their bedroom, they were getting ready for a launch party, all the publishers, all their friends and guests were coming. Charlie looked at her boyfriend with admiration.

Charlie" Remember I am so proud of you, I mean you are going to inspire lots of kids to get into magic, from this book"

Stephen" Thank you Charlie, remember you helped too"

Charlie"Only with a few ideas, it was mostly all you"

Stephen" I know but you always helped motivate me when I didn't want to write and when I felt like giving up you were there to pick me back up and tell me the pay off would be worth it, I love you for that"

Charlie" Awww, Stephen"

Stephen then reaches over to hug his girlfriend and she smiles at him.

Stephen" I love you, what would I do without you"

Charlie" I love you too, what would I do without you Stephen"

Both of them kiss, holding each other when they part Stephen brushes Charlie's face.

Stephen" Beautiful, you know if we had time I would show you how much you mean to me"

Charlie has now gone a deep shade of red.

Charlie" No way, this day is all about you and you only okay"

Stephen" Come on we will be late"

They arrived at the launch party and lots of people were already there as well as friends. They both arrived holding hands and it was nice there was no cameras. Stephen's publisher had arranged for it to be a quiet event if possible. Once they were inside they were immediately greeted by the sound of many voices chattering and drinks clinking together.

Charlie" Wow, there is a lot of people here"

Stephen" I know, I didn't think there would be so many, I mean I'm a bit overwhelmed"

Charlie then squeezes her boyfriends hand.

Charlie" Awwww, Stephen, do you want to sit down"

Stephen" No I think I'm okay"

After they had collected their drinks Ant and Dec came over and Charlier wrapped her arms around her dad.

Dec" Hello, you two, so what a turnout"

Ant" Well, I have to say I am impressed, didn't know you had it in you nonsense"

Stephen lets out a small chuckle at Ant's comment, knowing he was teasing him in a way all mates do.

Stephen" Thanks mate, yeah I can't quite believe it, who else is here?"

Dec" Well, most of This Morning family are here, Phil and Holly are around somewhere, we were chatting to them"

Ant" What do you think of this Little D?"

Charlie" Oh I am very proud of my Stephen, so very proud"

Ant" Awwww, isn't she the sweetest, Dec"

Dec" She is proud to call her my daughter"

Stephen" Well, she was the driving force behind me"

Charlie"Stephen stopped saying that"

Stephen" You were, I can't wait for everyone to read Max Magic, I am so excited, I think I might burst"

Ant and Dec laugh.

Ant" Let us get out of the way first"

Stephen" Funny, guys real funny"

Phil and Holly then make an appearance and Phil shakes Stephen's hand while Holly wraps him in a hug.

Phil" Congrats mate, well done"

Holly" Yeah, congrats Stephen, my kids already love Max Magic, especially Chester"

Stephen" That's great to hear, I am hoping that loads of kids will get enjoyment out of my book"

Phil" Hey, guys, so what do you think of our Stephen writing a book"

Ant" Oh he is a clever little sausage isn't he our Stephen"

Dec" Well we remember our book launch, can't believe it's been two years now"

Charlie" I liked your book launch, though 2020 went by in a blur"

Later on Stephen was chatting to other people and being congratulated for his book. Charlie was stood with Holly and they were just chatting about the book, Stephen and This Morning.

Holly" So, how's it going with Stephen then?"

Charlie" Oh yeah, it's going great, I love him so much and I think it was only good thing to come out of lockdown"

Holly" I am so happy you managed to find someone who loves you Charlie, after everything you have been through"

Charlie" Yeah, after all the idiots my prince was under my nose the whole time"

Holly" Awww, Charlie, my heart"

Charlie" I am just so proud of him and when I'm not with him my heart hurts, that may sound cheesy"

Holly" Not all, this is what happens in the first years when you meet, I remember when I got with Dan, I mean all we wanted to do was be with each other every single moment of the day"

Charlie" Awww, yeah that's what we feel like, just spending every minute in each others company"

Holly" You listen to me, do not let him go, okay"

Charlie" I won't definitely not"

Holly" Good"

Charlie" So excited for a new series on This Morning?"

Holly" Yeah, I am excited to get back to work but I am going to miss the summer holidays, I know the kids will too, going to miss the summer sunshine"

Charlie" I can't wait for your halloween special, that's always my favourite"

Holly" Oh yeah that's always alot of fun, you should come on do it with us"

Charlie" That would be fun, I think I could get Stephen involved he wouldn't take much convincing"

Holly laughed and they spent more time chatting.

The rest of the afternoon was spent with a lot chatting, congratulating and toasting for Stephen. Charlie spent most of it, smiling and feeling an immense sense of pride welling from inside her. When they got in Stephen and Charlie couldn't wait to get their hands on each other. They both kicked their shoes and started kissing each other, hands travelling.

Charlie" I love you"

Stephen" I love you, come on"

They both rushed upstairs and into their bedroom. Charlie pushed Stephen on the bed.

Charlie" I am proud of you Stephen, now get your trousers off"

-Twitter-
@CharlieDonnelly
Very proud of my boyfriend @StephenMulhern on his new book Max Magic. Already got my copy. Also if you can don't forget to vote for #inforapenny in @OfficialNTAS X

@StephenMulhern
Thanks to my girlfriend @CharlieDonnelly I would never of got this done without her pushing me all the way. Also thanks to my publishers you guys are amazing! I really hope you enjoy my new book.

Authors Notes
Hey, so I hope you enjoyed this chapter, let me know what you think below. I am currently waiting for my copy of Max Magic which I preordered in July. I'm hoping it does come I know they had trouble before.

Vote/Comment/Follow

Thanks

TheDonnellyDaughter X