Arriving in Australia

Arriving Australia was a bit surreal for everyone involved. Charlie couldn't believe after two years they were back and would have to get used to the weather again, Dec couldn't believe he still got to this as a job with his best mate. Ali was so happy to be spending time with all her children and Isla was happy Charlie could come. They pushed the trolleys through security and were greeted by Press and cameras as usual. Also as per usual Isla and Jack were hidden from view as Dec and Ali decided they didn't want them plastered all over social media. Charlie even agreed saying it was always hard for her when she was little even though she loved what she did. She pushed through with her trolley and press came up to her and cameras snapped pics of her.

Reporter" So Charlie, how does it feel to be back in Australia after two years in Wales"

Charlie" Well it's certainly a nice surprise and very surreal if I'm honest, I can't wait to get to the beach"

Reporter" Is your boyfriend here?"

Charlie" No he isn't, work commitments but I am excited to spend this time with my family"

When they finally made it through after a long time, they headed to the cars waiting for them to take them to their new hotel. Since Wales ITV bosses had been looking for ways to shake up and refresh the show. They had decided to axe The Versace hotel in favour of the JW Marriot Gold Coast Resort. Charlie would find it weird not to be going to the usual hotel as she had fond memories of being there as a kid but knew that all hotels were the same. She felt sad for a moment as she wished Stephen was with her but shook it off when they arrived at the hotel. They had a few days to get used to the time differences, go over things for the show and just spent time as a family.

The luggage was taken to their rooms as they checked in, Charlie holding Isla and Dec still holding Jack. Once checked in they headed up to their room and settled in Dec and Ali sorting Isla and Jack out.

Later on that evening Charlie face timed Stephen, she had a separate room to her dad,Ali, Jack and Isla as usual. She pressed the call button and Stephen picked up the call after three rings, he smiled when he saw her face.

Stephen" Hey you, see you've already checked in"

Charlie" Yeah still got to unpack and get used to the time difference"

Stephen" I miss you already"

Charlie" Aww I miss you to already, I thought about you as soon as I got off the plane, how did the show go today?"

Stephen" Really good, I just love doing it so much, all the little kids faces when they light up after I have done a magic trick, it's the best feeling in the world, tomorrow I get to do it all over again"

Charlie" Are you still pranking Dave?"

Stephen" Oh yeah, I got him the other day with a horn, he wasn't impressed"

Charlie" I don't expect he is, he knows its all fun and games though right?"

Stephen" Of course he does, remember when I used to wind up Rory and Matt"

Charlie" Oh yeah, now that was fun but you see this is why they loved me more than you, I was never as annoying"

Stephen" You love me really"

Charlie" Of course I do"

The door then opens and Dec walks in and smiles.

Dec" Hello, is that Stephen?"

Charlie" Yeah want to say hi?"

Dec" Yeah"

Dec walks over and smiles when he sees Stephen in the camera.

Dec" Hello, Mulhern see you couldn't make it out here"

Stephen" Yeah, sorry work commitments I wanted to come honest"

Dec" It's okay Stephen I am teasing, how's your shows going?"

Stephen" Good, yeah excited for tomorrow show, how are the kids?"

Dec" Yeah they did seem to sleep the whole flight which was a miracle but now none of them are tired but I am dad it's what I do I"

Stephen" You are a great dad Dec, you did an amazing job raising Charlie and I'm sure you will do a great job raising Isla and Jack"

Dec" Thanks mate, I think you will make a great dad too"

The whole room goes silent. Dec realises he has made things awkward and decides to leave. Back at his room Ali was unpacking and Dec sits on the bed.

Dec" I may have just made things awkward between Stephen and Charlie.

Ali" Deccy, what did you do?"

Dec" Well Stephen said I have been an amazing father to Charlie and I was an amazing father to Isla and Jack, then I said he would make an amazing father and it all went quiet"

Ali" Yeah, I don't know if Charlie wants kids, every time I bring it up she changes the subject, I think just got to let her figure it out herself she is only twenty nine"

Dec" I don't know if she is afraid to have kids because we have young kids and the press would make up stories"

Ali" Or is that what you worry about?"

Dec" Yeah it's terrifying, that's why I am happy Isla and Jack aren't in the media"

Ali" Do you want grandkids?"

Dec" I don't know, to be honest I never thought I would have any more kids and I am so lucky to have you, Isla and Jack so if I didn't get grandkids I would be okay with that"

Ali" I know Charlie would make a great mum if she did, I mean she is great with Isla and Jack, Isla adores her to pieces, just let her be Dec, let them sort it out"

Dec" I know it's just I am her, I worry about her"

Ali" I know you do but listen it's okay"

Dec" Thanks"

Back in Charlie's suite she had finished her conversation with Stephen and she is sat thinking about her dad's comment.

You would make a great dad Stephen.

She wasn't sure if she wanted kids, she wasn't sure if Stephen did. Oh wow.

Story Notes
So The Donnelly Clan have arrived in Australia and Dec may have made things awkward with his comment.

Authors Notes
If you have any ideas for me drop them in the comments.
Vote/Comment/Follow X

Question? How excited are you for I'm a celebrity?

Thanks

TheDonnellyDaughter X