National Television Awards (2022)

The next evening both Stephen and Charlie were getting ready for NTAs. Stephen had just finished putting on his suit when Charlie come up to his holding his bowtie. She does it up for him and then kisses his nose.

Charlie" Handsome, you ready to go?"

Stephen" I am, let me just grab the keys, I think I left them downstairs.

Arriving at the awards was always a busy affair, since a lot of tv celebrities were out in full force there tended to be traffic jams. They also managed to get there though which was always a relief. Both of them stepped out of the car, cameras flashing, fans shouting, other celebrities walking up the red carpet. Stephen and Charlie posed for pictures, putting their arms around each other and kissing each other on the cheek. They ventured further up the red carpet saying hello to fans and signing things for them.

Once inside they both found their seats and they looked around as the show was due to start soon. Charlie smiled at Stephen.

Charlie" I love coming here so much"

Stephen" Me too, it's all great fun, can't wait to meet up with everyone later"

Charlie" Ooo after party fun"

Soon the show was underway and Joel who was doing a brilliant job throughout the night hosting and taking care of celebrities, telling them which way to get off the stage and delivering his usual puns to the audience. Charlie and Stephen laughed along with everyone else. They sat there listening to all the categories, important documentaries for which Kate Garroway won for her documentary finding Derek, the finance expert which is Martin Lewis, the best soap went to Emmerdale as Charlie predicted and best talent show pops up and Strictly takes the NTA for it.

Charlie" Told you, Emmerdale always wins"

As Joel announces they are to head for an Ad break, every starts to get up and move about some probably off to the toilet or to get something to eat. Charlie stands up for a bit and smiles at Stephen.

Stephen" What are you smiling at?"

Charlie" Just that I was right with my predictions"

Stephen" Okay so you have been right so far with Emmerdale and Strictly, we still got best entertainment presenter and best daytime show"

Charlie" This Morning will win, I just know it and Ant and Dec, trust me"

Stephen" I do"

-Twitter-
@CharlieDonnelly
Just chilling at @OfficialNTAS with @StephenMulhern, currently waiting to hear if my boyfriend will get a NTA for #inforapenny

westhamunited11
He better, he deserves it so much.

@StephenMulhern
@westhamunited
Awww, you are sweet!

After the break more categories were shows and NTAs were won and then they approached The Entertainment Presenter category. Charlie squeezes Stephen's leg.

Stephen" Ow, Charlie!"

Charlie" This is it, Stephen this is it!"

Stephen chuckles and puts his arm around her. After the VTs are shown the presenter holding the card announces the winner.

The National Television Award goes too.... ANT AND DEC!"

The hall fills with screams, clapping and cheering. Joel steps onto the stage.

Joel" So as you know Ant and Dec can't be here tonight, so here to accept it on their behalf are Stephen Mulhern and his girlfriend Charlie Donnelly"

Both of them make their way up the stairs and both give Joel a hug. Joel then steps off.