Snow Day and Surprises

Enjoy! Pics in this one.
There had been news that snow was on it's way and with a blistering, sweltering summer it seemed they were going to get a a ice cold below freezing winter. Charlie was sat with Stephen most of the shows and things Stephen had to do was filmed before he went to I'm A Celeb so he could be with Charlie but he had to keep being out to film but he had nearly finished for Christmas both were talking about the new show they would both be hosting. The only reason they did get it was because her dad and Ant had covid. They were originally just going to ask Stephen but Stephen wanted Charlie to do it with him.

That morning both woke up, well Charlie was the first and she saw it glistening and falling from the sky. She turned over in the bed and Stephen was still asleep his hand over his face. Charlie shook him.

Charlie" Stephen, Stephen it's snowing look"

Stephen groans and turns over. Charlie shakes him again.

Charlie" Stephen!"

Again Stephen groans and ignores her. Charlie decides to get up and stare at the snow outside the window. It was gorgeous like a wonderful winter land, the whole lawn was covered in snow, the tree look like they had been decorated with white icing like on a Christmas cake. Then Charlie saw someone ride down the road on ski's there was so much snow and to be honest she never thought she would see that. Stephen finally rises from his slumber and comes over to the window in his pjs.

Charlie" We need to go out in this, come on I'm so excited"

Stephen" Okay, alright, let me wake up and we can go out in it"

Charlie" I am going to get changed"

Stephen went to clean his teeth while Charlie got ready and when he came out she was all wrapped up and was even sporting a Christmas jumper.

Stephen" That's a cute jumper, when did you get that?"

Charlie" The other day when I went out with dad I even got you some Christmas presents"

Stephen" Oooo, I can't wait for them, you know I love receiving presents"

Charlie" Yes Stephen I know that, I love giving I like seeing your face when you open presents I got you"

Stephen" I think I've got you presents you will like"

Charlie" Just have to wait and see, come I want to go out in the snow"

Stephen" Come on then let's go"

Once outside both just stood there and stared at the snow.

Charlie" Oh Stephen it's like a winter wonderland you wouldn't know we were still in the UK, like when we went to Switzerland"

-Twitter-
@CharlieDonnelly
ITS SNOWING, ITS SNOWING, ITS SNOWING!. Would think I was back in Switzerland. X

@StephenMulhern
Snow day with @CharlieDonnelly I think.

Both decided to go to the park and the scenery was just as beautiful as it was in their yard. The trees were covered in snow, there was people throwing snowballs and making snowmen, some were just starting and some finishing having decorated them with scarves, hats and the classic carrot nose.

Charlie leaned into Stephen and he wrapped his arms around her.

Stephen" You just let me know when you get cold and we can head back"

Charlie" I will"

- Twitter-
@StephenMulhern
Snow day selfie!

Charlie and Stephen held hands as they walked around the park and the Stephen pointed to a tree

Stephen" Look, it's a robin"

Charlie" Where?"

Stephen" Look there, just up there"

Charlie" Stephen I can't see a robin"

Stephen then positions her closer to the tree and points up.

Stephen" He is there see him"

Charlie was trying to see this robin that was apparently in this tree, she gave up and looked around and saw Stephen on one knee and she gasped.

Stephen" Charlie Donnelly you make me so happy day in day out, a day not spent with you is a day wasted in my opinion, I love you so much and want to spend the rest of my life with you, will you marry me?"

Charlie" Oh Stephen, oh my god"

Charlie couldn't believe she didn't even think she would get a boyfriend let alone a husband. She stood there for a while and then she started to cry.

Stephen" Aww, Charlie are those happy tears?"

Charlie" Yeah, happy tears"

Stephen" So is that yes because it's getting quite cold down here"

Charlie" Yes, yes, yes, yes, a 1000% yes"

Stephen laughs and wraps his arms around her. He had made sure they were in hopefully a secluded area he had made sure they had walked quite a while where no one was around.

Charlie" Oh my god, I have to tell dad and all the family before the paps get wind of it"

Stephen" Well I tried to find us a secluded spot"

Charlie pulls out her phone and then text the family chat and sent a photo of the ring on her finger.

CharlieGuess who is engaged

Charlie
Guess who is engaged.

Dec
Awww wow, congrats my little girl!

Moyra
Awww congrats Charlie, I told you would eventually find your prince

Dom
So happy for you Cuz

Oliver
Congrats Cuz!

Anne
Awww my granddaughter finally tying the knot, need to meet up now.

Once they reached home they headed in to get warm, they took off all the scarves, hats and gloves and Charlie sat on the sofa not quite believing she was engaged. Stephen came back in with hot chocolate which Charlie took.

Stephen" Are you okay?"

Charlie" I am in shock, I just can't quite believe what happened"

Stephen" Well I am happy I can't imagine not spending the rest of my life with you"

Charlie" I love you so much and can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you"

Stephen kissed Charlie's head as they snuggled under a blanket with their hot chocolates.

Story Notes
So Stephen just proposed to Charlie isn't that so romantic.

Authors Notes
I hope you enjoyed this I definitely enjoyed writing it. It's something I've been thinking about or a while and dang wish to delve into this storyline of mine.

As always vote/comment and follow if you haven't already. Your comments mean the absolute world to me.

Question: What do you think of the proposal ?
Thanks

TheDonnellyDaughter X