Chapter 16

There are three types of Haki.

Armament Haki
Observation Haki
Conqueror's Haki

You have already got a hold of your Armament Haki, thanks to all the training you've gone through for the past 10 years.

As for conquerer's Haki, Doflamingo constantly made you unleash your power when you were much younger. The pressure was sometimes too much and you would faint, but time by time..you learnt how to unleash right amount of willpower to overpower others, allowing you to use your Conquerer's Haki at some extent.

As for Observation Haki..you didn't understand it quite well. Sometimes, your observation senses double, making it difficult for you to focus. It always felt like thousand voices were giving you alerts left and right, leaving you confused.

The moment you stepped onto this island, you could hear, feel and sense almost everything. It's like you have absolutely no control over your senses.

Therefore, Rayleigh suggested Meditation. As a form of calming your mind when it's in absolute chaos.

But in order for your senses to not get too dull, Rayleigh would randomly order Luffy to throw a punch at you while you were meditating,

"just to make sure you are keeping everything balanced. "

Rayleigh stated, but holy sh*t...Luffy's punches can be the worst thing.

At first, when it came to Observation haki, Luffy had an opposite problem.
As Rayleigh stated, He couldn't observe his surrounding because he depended on his eyes too much.
In order to fix that, Luffy had to wear a blindfold and constantly train like that.

Time by time, you were his opponent and oh boy..you weren't holding back!

Rayleigh would observe you two as you landed blows on blindfolded Luffy, getting back at him for previously interrupting your meditations.

Obviously, as the time went on, you started getting a hold of his sudden attacks and same goes for him!
You would actually foresee into the future for a few seconds and predict his next moves while meditating.
As for Luffy, he got extremely good at dodging and predicting moves effortlessly, defeating countless of beasts in the process, including yourself.

He became skilled with his Armament and Conquerer's Haki.

Unfortunately, neither of you were complete advanced users of these haki-s, unlike Rayleigh.

"Advanced user of Armament's haki user to make the emitted armament flow into a target's body and destroy it from the inside out."
Rayleigh mentioned it, but you've read it in a book before and tried it, but it wasn't quite successful.

"An advanced level of Conquerer's Haki allows the user infuse their conquering spirit into their weapons and physical attacks, greatly augmenting their power."
Luffy managed to get closer to Advanced level of Conquerer's Haki, since he specifically trained for it.

"An advanced level of Observation Haki allows the user to actually foresee a short period into the future, often times you can read your opponent's mind allowing you to predict their actions."
And here you thought mastering the Observation Haki was impossible. But somehow, you managed to unlock the Advanced level of it.

Obviously both you and Luffy's strengths are different. You're better at your Observation Haki meanwhile he's better at his Conquerer's Haki.

As for Armament's Haki, both of you can use it at the same level.

Who knows? Both of you might Master it one day.